cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 weeks of Account Madness since 3 system update

Caulfieldland
Fledgling

In the last 6 weeks Husband & I have spoken to approx 15 different (Always Different) 3 advisors. It started when were unable to register the 3 App and a 3 advisor talked us through the proccess and yet we ended up with: Me/my phone number account in my husbands name. Husband unable to see his phone details, but able to access mine with his own seperate login details.

Every time we discuss the issue it takes both of us together waiting & repeating the same old story. I cannot discuss issues with 3 on my own as they will not talk to ME about MY phone as they have it in my husbands name. Husband cannot discuss issue on his own because the passcodes & unique numbers are sent to my phone. Every time we go through the issue with a new advisor they end up saying that they will sort it out and ask us to try logging in again in 48hrs We give them 3 days or longer and find that nothing has changed. We start again.

At one point husband was told that they had him on a rolling contract (not sure why) and he would have to take out a new contract in order for them to sort out the issue. This turned out to be untrue. The issue remained the same, so he cancelled the contract before the 14 days had passed to return to rolling, stating his unwillingness to be trapped in this mess for another 2 years. Subsequently he has found he is being charged twice the amount of his previous rolling contract. This was not agreed on and I think it is devious and downright skanky behavior by 3 to punish the customer they are already letting down so badly. 

The first issue here is the system update that has caused these problems

The second issue is that 3 advisors are clearly not able or willing to help. We are kept on hold, passed on to other people, told things that are not true, sent round in circles. Nobody at 3 is accountable to the customer, they all throw our problem around like it is some kind of game.

At time of posting we are waiting for the 3rd Manager we have spoken to get back to us (no one else has called us back) Wish us luck!

20 REPLIES 20
Geluk
Key player

You need to precis your posts here; too long.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I agree, I  gave up halfway through. 

Avondale
Rising star

@Caulfieldland 

I wonder whether one of our moderators - @JonathanB or @JohnD - will be able to put you in touch with someone with the knowledge and authority to sort this out ? 

MarvEllis
Active

Sadly in the last couple of weeks I've had to go through a similar horror situation (detailed in separate Community post). Re-registering my 2 phone numbers took many hours of chat with Three staff before I could log in. Unfortunately 24 hours later the system cracked again and I have been unable to log in since. Tech Support tells me they believe there is a system fault at their end and it may take weeks for them to solve.

What kind of lousy service is this? Why don't they go back to the previous system which for me worked perfectly for about 10 years?

garetc
Involved

Good to see the 'established' and 'maestro's taking time to read posts.

How did you get on @Caulfieldland?

Avondale
Rising star

@garetc 

The problem is that we are just customers on this community forum. When a user such as @Caulfieldland or @MarvEllis requires help that will involve accessing their account, we cannot assist. All we can do is to draw the issue to the attention of one of our moderators - @JonathanB or @JohnD - and to hope that they might facilitate a resolution. 

garetc
Involved

@Avondale i'm know.

OP's issue is almoat cenrtainly an account issue which hopefully one of the 3 staff can help with.

I was referring to the two very helpful replies above yours. OP's abviously really frustrated and at the end of their tether and has posted as such. 

MarvEllis
Active

@Avondale wrote:

@garetc 

The problem is that we are just customers on this community forum. When a user such as @Caulfieldland or @MarvEllis requires help that will involve accessing their account, we cannot assist. All we can do is to draw the issue to the attention of one of our moderators - @JonathanB or @JohnD - and to hope that they might facilitate a resolution. 

I understand that other customers here will probably be unable to solve my serious account login problems following the recent disastrous system update by Three. Three Support are telling me it could take weeks to solve my problem thereby preventing me from accessing my accounts. I am hoping that someone in this community (be it member or moderator etc) may be able to point me to a complaints manager who can find a way of compensating me, eg by temporarily cancelling my monthly charges  Unfortunately so far my attempt at raising formal complaint has got nowhere.

I urgently need to contact a Three manager will actually look at my complaint and take appropriate action.

Caulfieldland
Fledgling

I'm afraid it's even worse for me. A mamager did get back to us and sorted out access for husbands account, but he told us we would have to go to a 3 store with ID to sort out the names on the account side of the issue. Today we took that waste of a day. The 3 store were unable to help and merely tried to interest us in a more expensive upgrade. Husband rang 3 and got the same old story - I think he has told them to cancel everything and see them in court if they want cancellation fee.

Thank you for your comments