cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute nightmare trying to upgrade to a phone plan

AwkwardTurtle
Fledgling

I have had a sim only plan along with an Apple Watch device plan for several months which I have paid back on time with zero issue, just as I've paid back every device plan I've ever had on time without issue. My sim only plan passed 90 days so I thought I'd upgrade that to a device plan too. I got on live web chat with someone to discuss this. This person misquoted the price of the device multiple times, misworded what was included in the plan multiple times (told me I'd be getting a protection bundle then after I'd agreed to the price about 10 minutes later told me I'd in fact not be getting that), asked me if I currently lived in the UK after I'd already agreed to the hard check despite giving him my full address history, asked me if I was over 18 after giving him my birthday twice. He only asked me my current address after I agreed to the search. He was extremely unprofessional and making constant mistakes. My application came back denied, the first time in 15 years I have ever had my application for a phone plan denied. My experian score is 965 and I have fantastic credit. I was confused but thought maybe I've missed something. Well I have waited and waited and no hard search has ever appeared on my account. I am extremely confident that the staff member has filled in my current address incorrectly (its an awkward address with 3 numbers in it that must be entered a specific way for Experian to find it) I decided to email the credit appeal email about this and they simply used the already incorrect information and have now told me I am blocked from reapplying for 90 days. I would not be writing this if I at least had a search actually ran on my credit report but there is zero there, nothing at all recently whatsoever (I have live access to my report and would see it instantly. Its been some time and again, still not there.) So now I cannot upgrade an old broken phone for 90 days because a member of staff typed my address in incorrectly when I was applying. My experience dealing with Three customer service has been awful, was going to get a broadband router with them but will be going with an alternate company now.

1 REPLY 1
AwkwardTurtle
Fledgling

Update: Have taken the device plan with Sky and will most likely not be renewing any current contracts with Three when they expire. First time and most likely last time customer.