cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Collectors After Cancelling 5G Home Broadband Within the 14 Day Cooling Off Period

Fledgling

I need someone to contact me to sort this mess out.

I placed an order for 5G home broadband on 19/11/2023. The goods arrived on the 21/11/2023

I cancelled the service on the 3/12/2023 - as is my right under the consumer rights act 2015. The service wasn't meeting my requirements, not that I have to give a reason. It can be cancelled within 14 days for any reason whatsoever.

I chased via live chat for the DPD returns label on the 5/12/2023 and received it later that day. I have a transcript of this chat.

I returned the parcel on the 6/12/2023. I have the tracking information for the parcel. Three provided me with the label so if there are any issues with the delivery the contract is between Three and DPD. I have dropped the parcel off and that is the end of my responsibilities.

I received confirmation that the parcel had been returned on the 12/03/2023 - Tracking information and via email.

Fast forward a few months and I noticed that I'd been billed for the service. The first 3 months were free so nothing flagged up for a while. After a number of time wasting calls where I've been told it has all been sorted I now have debt collectors harassing me. Absolutely unacceptable. 

My order number is ***. The number associated with the order was ***. The account number is/was ***

I want to be contacted by someone capable and with the authority to resolve this situation and to be refunded the money for the service that I've been billed for despite cancelling the service within the 14 day cooling off period

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Oh gosh, it sounds like it's been a bit of a mess. It's disappointing to hear the account wasn't cancelled as you had expected. 

The Community is a public space and the members here are other customers like yourself, accessing customer accounts isn't an option for us. 

I'd recommend reaching out to the support team directly where they do have access to accounts. If you'd like to log a complaint and discuss the issue with some one from the complaints team instead, you can do that through our complaint information page. 

I hope the team are able to get the issue sorted for you soon. 

Pete.