cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing SIM & No Response from Customer Servive

DaniM85
Fledgling

I found that my SIM was missing today. It caused me a LOT of panic because it’s the number associated with so many of my accounts including banking and vital for most of my 2-factor verification. Anyhow, obviously I’ve been unable to log into my account (also requires 2-factor verification) and live chat doesn’t seem to work aboard, so I’ve been frantically messaging support via Twitter for the last two and a half hours (despite it being the middle of the night here) and I’m getting no response at all. I’m totally panicked and have no idea what else I can do as I’m not back in the country for another month and need access to my various bank accounts in the meantime. What can I do???

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, they messaging JonathanB on About JonathanB - Three Community and he may be able to offer you some assistance.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DaniM85,

I'm sorry to hear you've been left in this situation without your SIM whilst abroad. Did you manage to find a solution with the Twitter team? We can only send SIMs to your UK billing address, or the account holder can collect one by bringing photo ID to a Three store.

We're assuming that you're the account holder, if not, and they're in the UK they could collect from store and arrange an international delivery? Likewise if anyone is at home, or looking after your post, they could forward the replacement SIM?

Other than this it may be worth contacting your bank, and any other essential organisations that have this 2FA security set up. They may have back up processes in place, and it's good to make sure they have awareness that your SIM is missing, have you been able to report your SIM as lost and stolen with us? It's best to do this as soon as possible.

I'm sorry that there's not an ideal solution to this situation, but please let us know how you've got on in the meantime since your original post.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.