cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Failed been charged 2 tarrifs for 20 months

Waterton9
Fledgling

Had my number for over 10 years and tariff finished Dec 21 so I sorted a new tariff and that started Dec 21 at £33 per month for 24 months. Just sorting bank accounts etc. and noticed £57 a month coming out of an old bank account. So the port never happened and I knew nothing about it so been paying £33 a month for a number I didn't even know still existed thinking that was my number that had been ported and that is what I was paying but also being charge £57 a month for the tariff the number stayed on (it was a reclaim tariff so only worth it when reclaims made), Just been online with 7 different people for over 3 hours. Left at we can't Port your number unless you move to another network get a PAC number and then Port back. I suggested you just change the £57 tariff to £33 until Dec 23 (honoring what I agreed to) and then they cancel the £33 contract number and refund me the £57 I have been overcharged for 20 months. It was at this point I was told we cant find your account (how have you been telling me about it for an hour including security, when contracts ended) and got nowhere. So apart from the horrendous service has anyone else had this where the number did not port, they were not told the port hadn't worked and had two tariffs running side by side? If so what was the outcome?

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Confused. Numbers don't get ported when you take out a new contract with the same network. You must be in a good position if you only check your bank accounts every 20 months.

You need to contact a moderator as this it nit something community members can resolve.

Waterton9
Fledgling

I have been told that now about porting on the same networks but was not told the port did not happen at the time. No email assigned to the mobile account so have not received any bills and it was an old bank account which is now into the overdraft because of this? I am in an OK position but not one where I can afford to lose over £1,000.00. I saw the £33 going out my new account and believed this was the new contract, Goes with paperless billing unless you go online and check your accounts I suppose. Been trying online chat but they are useless so was looking to see if anyone else had this issue with the porting not happening and how they progressed rather than a solution on here.