cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theft

Druinnes
Fledgling

Last week DPD were due to deliver my new phone from Three. Although they delivered a box it did not contain my phone. It actually contained a medical item for another person totally unconnected to me. Contact with DPD revealed that one of their drivers had stolen the phone as well as other items from other customers. There was no doubt about this and they readily accepted what had happened. I reported the full circumstances to Three. This included full contact details of a customer experience manager at DPD who will confirm the facts. Three said they would start an investigation. They would not commit to getting back to me saying I should contact them in 5/7 days. I complained about this, they logged a complaint. Since then despite repeated call backs by me I cannot find out what they are doing with this matter. Every time I speak to a different person I have to explain the story from the beginning. They cannot seem to get their heads around the simple circumstances. I paid £45 up front for the phone and the contract has been running for 7 days now. I am no further forward with seemingly no prospect of a resolution any time soon. They are horrendous to deal with. I am totally frustrated.

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

I'm sorry to hear that's happened to you. 

When things like that happen, the back office team need to speak to DPD directly. Since you've contacted DPD and had it confirmed that the phone was stolen by a driver, DPD would normally make that information available to the back office team who can then confirm what's happened. Once that's confirmed, things can normally move forward. 

As this is a forum for other users, there is no account level access here, so there's no way to determine at what step the process is at. All I can do is recommend reaching back out to the Support Team, or log a Complaint in order to have it looked into further. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Druinnes
Fledgling

Hi, Thank you very much for your response. My latest contact was 3 days ago when customer service called me to advise there was no update and that my next update would be as and when further information was available to them. Despite my protestations this was all I could get. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I haf already raised a complaint but this is being dealt with by the people I'm now complaining about. I have got back to customers service as you suggest with absolutely no success. They won't let me cancel contract as case is still being 'investigated '. I'm totally stuck! Meanwhile I'm still out £45, ongoing rent as well as time spent and blood pressure shot.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

I can understand how frustrating the wait must be. Once the investigation is completed, things should move forwards. I have my fingers crossed for you that it doesn't take much longer.

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Druinnes
Fledgling

Still no progress. Latest two updates from Three essentially no update - awaiting information from logistics re contact with DPD. Now getting back to me next Monday. It's like speaking to a brick wall. Any suggestions please.