cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Pay added to Google Play

wonkotsane
Fledgling

For the past few months I've been getting texts thanking me for linking Three Pay to Google Play. I've raised it a couple of times on Twitter with Three because I've not asked for this and they deny all knowledge.

I've had another one today so I've gone into my Google account and found the Three Pay payment method which was waiting for me to finish setup. It isn't set up because I didn't add it. I had a hell of a game stopping a Three Pay subscription one of my kids set up a few years ago despite there being a cap on the account to stop them spending money.

So who is responsible for this and has it happened to anyone else?

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

I got a notification a while ago about Google Play and Three Pay. I went to payment methods on Google Play and it gave me the option of using Three Pay. I ignored the offer as I have no valid forms of payment linked to Google Play so I cannot make the mistake of buying an app by accident. I have also checked my 3 account and Three Pay is not enabled.

D-Zebra
Fledgling

I have been getting these text to, currently up to three. None of my google accounts are linked to Three Pay. I asked at my local shop and they confirmed my spend cap was £0 so theoretically no one should be able to buy anything with Three Pay. I have been keeping a really close eye on my bill for unexpected item.

Sapphire_Foam
Fledgling

There is a strong suspicion that due to Three outsourcing their customer service to India of all places, it is being leaked to the customer service representatives' compatriots who are engaged in criminal activities involving scamming/fraud. Typically, scam call centres direct victims to purchase and provide Google Play gift card codes to scammers/fraudsters.

We need a direct response from Three; otherwise, it could escalate to legal action.

Sapphire_Foam
Fledgling

Cannot delete my duplicate reply, so editing it to remind others experiencing the same issue to change your Google account password!

Mcooper
Fledgling

I’ve been getting these messages for a while, but I don’t see any difference on my bill each month. I generally think it automatically links when you log into the Google play store.

sc1999
Local celebrity

It hasn't for me and I  would be damned annoyed if it did.