cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three is The Worst mobile Network in the whole UK

KAY21
Fledgling

According to annual survey, mobile provider Three was found to be one of the worst, ranking in sixteenth place with a customer service score of just 66 percent. Nearly half (45 percent) of Three customers who took part in the report, claimed that they faced an issue in the past 12 months, making Three users the most likely to experience difficulties

7 REPLIES 7
Yorkshire-Tyke
Regular

Really interesting information KAY21. I won't be using THREE much longer.

Ironically, as I was trying to type this reply, I was rudely interrupted with a pop up asking me what I thought of THREE...Hum, they just do not listen or learn from any feedback in my experience, so why bother?..

I used to find THREE pretty straight forward to use via a pay as you go dongle, and then out of the blue they changed the dashboard design and the topping up procedure, which caused me to loose credit, as I had not purchased a data top up correctly (so I was later told). The design of the dashboard is very confused!

In brief, it was then a long winded and a difficult process to get help via an online chat.

The usual chat "niceties" were cut and pasted as answers, such as: "You are a valued customer" etc. I then spent 3 hours on a chat to try resolve a missing top up problem, to eventually get a phone call from (another time zone) India to have my ten quid top up refunded (I would add that he was a very nice chap)...Only £10, but it was the principle!

Much more I could write, but having read your piece that they are ranked 16th, I am not surprised. You can only endure so many stressful experiences - as I have.

tarantella
Rising star

I read that article and I don't think it's entirely fair.

In my experience Three far surpass EE, O2 and Vodafone.

The Three network has improved greatly over the last few years.

The article only cites negative comments left on Three Community chats.

But what about all the 1000s of customers who are happy,  but just choose not to post about it ?

Yorkshire-Tyke
Regular

You make a fair point tarantella. However, I would just add this:

Tonight I received the following email from THREE, which was worrying and in my view deceptive - as I have 1GB of remaining data (clearly visible in the pink "what allowance is remaining" graphic) that is next in line for me to use:

Hi there,

You've used 100% of your DATA Add-on allowance, so you'll now be charged at standard GBP per MB.

To manage your credit and allowances go to: three.co.uk/account

Is this to panic people into topping up more - when they do not need to? 

I have been in a similar position to this before, where my top up voucher of around 3GB, was drained in moments, as I hadn't clicked on a monthly DATA add on.

At one time, you did not have to do this: you just put in your top up voucher number and selected (for example) 3GB for £15. Then THREE changed the top up process (out of the blue!) to a completely different and confusing checkout like procedure. Navigating the newer layout was very unclear and, I was tripped up by it. 

In my experience, getting clear and appropriate help via a THREE chat advisor is impossible. THREE do not listen to problems, preferring to fob you off with irrelevant cut and pasted responses after VERY long waits speaking to hopeless chat bots.

It would be nice if they actually took on board some of the criticisms and feedback people take time to give them..

I wonder how many customers are unhappy and, choose not to post about it because they feel THREE doesn't care?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It sounds like it's been quite frustrating. I'm not familiar with how the older system was, and how it compares to the newer one, but it sounds like you had a much better experience with the older system. 

I'm unsure why you're receiving those messages when they don't line up with your allowance left over, but it's certainly not in an effort to panic anyone. I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the system allows users to add another data pack while there is still one active, so generally I would expect people to continue using there service until it stops.

For now it's worth double checking your allowances when you get a notification just in case. I'll make sure your feedback is picked up so that we can ensure that the issue is one that's known if it isn't already.

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mp3ger
Fledgling

Appalling customer service. I have been with them for almost 20 years. They do not value their customers. Once I have used the data passports on my account, I will be off.

Gregster1970
Regular

Have to agree. I contacted customer support when I got back from abroad, as my phone wouldn't work, even though I paid for the data roaming add on. The guy was quite happy to keep saying "That isn't included in your plan" (Even though I bought the add on"

Sorry to hear you weren't listened to Gregster1970. Really frustrating when they just repeat answers parrot fashion.

In one of my previous (and very long) complaints with an advisor - that was going nowhere at all - I was asked: "What is my expectation of THREE?"..I replied: "To just give me accurate information." He was really reluctant to admit THREE had given me the wrong info' on my remaining allowance, even though it was there on my dashboard.

Currently, I'm using a 3G Dongle and, as you may know this is to be switched off in September. I tried to get online help and, also help from a THREE store regarding purchasing a new 4G dongle - but was offered nothing. Really disappointed with their customer approach - I will be moving to another mobile provider soon..