cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls from people claiming to be 3

Hatshepsut
Fledgling

Keep getting calls from this number: 03333381017 - by people with "offers" for my 3 plan. They are very persistent and I have good reasons to think they're scammers but just wanted to be certain they're not some overzealous subcontractors working for 3. 

21 REPLIES 21
sc1999
Local celebrity

Googling the number seems to indicate a scam. If you are ever in any doubt about the validity of a call then hang up. All mobile companies have 3 digit numbers that you can call or look up a contact number on the internet and call the number from, if possible, another phone.

Also, if in any doubt never give credit card or bank details. If the call is genuine, and you have an account with 3, they won't need your account details as they already have them.

Elliemac42
Active

Yet they had far too much information ALSO 3 network has network issues that are very public this was their hook 🪝. I realised quickly it was a scam yet they seemed very confident & I could hear they were talking to many ppl - you need to do more about protecting us your costumers as I nearly fell for the call as they started with were calling from 3 because of poor network connectivity/ if this was not true they wouldn’t have got a response for a second 

sc1999
Local celebrity

I have two networks on my phone, 3 and O2, and I have had one spam call in the last 3 years and I am not kidding. My brother has had dozens. You have to wonder why and one of the reasons is that a friend of his had her address book hacked. It's not 3's fault that spammers have your, or my, personal details. If you have spent as long on here as I have you will have seen a lot of personal details being disclosed. One twit posted his name, address, phone number and stated he was out of the country. 

I agree that 3 could do a bit more. This community needs a clearly available section with updates on how to recognise a spam call or text, regional or national outages and general info that 3 customers need to see. The webpages are to vague and sometimes hard to find.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Hatshepsut,

Welcome to the Three Community.

It does look like that is one of our numbers. If you'd prefer not to receive marketing calls, you can opt out from My3. In the "your details" section you should find a series of tick boxes for opting out of us contacting you by different methods.

Hope this helps
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

AKI
Fledgling

i've been getting calls from 02080583561 , 01234271332, 01174631689 regarding three promotions and have sent me emails from 3 with the three logo, address and all information. They seem to have all my details my contract info etc. I cannot believe they are from three. Their domain seems to be the-3.co.uk which leads to your website and they also told to check apply.threepromo.co.uk. Is this part of three? or a scam if its a scam i want to report it as they have all my details. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AKI,

We wouldn't generally call from a 01 or 02 number, so this could be a 3rd party dealer or a scam. To report these, send a text to 7726 with message CALL then the number that rang you.

Our sites are hosted on three.co.uk, so I'd be really cautious about any other format of URL, scammers are known to direct consumers to sites that closely resemble the real thing, but record any info typed in around emails, phone numbers, passwords etc.

There's some helpful advice here: Mobile phone contract fraud (three.co.uk)

And here: Report a problem | Three

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Elliemac42
Active

Exactly they have so much information & are able to manipulate by 3 have terrible connection issues 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Where I live the same can be said for all of the networks. In fairness to 3, they are the only network that has improved the quality of its service in the last 18 months. Instead of poor 3g I now get poor 4g, but it is an improvement. Vodafone's and O2's service does not seem to have improved since they first installed 4g. I am lucky to get get above 15 meg although, if the wind is in the right direction, I can get 30 but not for long. All of the networks are suffering from capacity issues which is why EE offer speed capped airtime contracts.

Elliemac42
Active

Iv been called by ppl pretending to be from 3 they seemed to know to much information & THEY PLAYED ON POOR NETWORK COVERAGE! they said “ oh we don’t want to loose customers due to the poor quality connectivity & it constantly going down “ you need to protect us more !