Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer but no first 6 month half price discount on the bill

flicky5
Regular

Hi,

I have signed up for a 2 year 5G broadband package with the first 6 months at half price of £11.00.

However, my first bill shows that a payment of £21.98 will be taken out of my account on 8th April 2024.

I would have thought that it would have automatically applied the discount or is that not the case?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 5G
7 REPLIES 7
MZone
Rising star

This is a public forum. I suggest you contact customer services on 333/live chat to discuss this as we don’t have access to your account. 

flicky5
Regular

Dear MZone,

I'll do that,

Many Thanks

flicky5
Regular

Dear MZone,

When I attempt to use the chat facility, the chat facility keeps asking for my 3 number. I don't have a three phone number, I don't have 4G or 5G phone either, just a PAYG 3G phone with ASDA and so I cannot get any further (I don't use mobile phones a lot in general anyway, just texts, calls and WhatsApp). The system also asks for the unique number of the account in some instances. I have managed to figure out what it is now. It is all very confusing. It would be nice if there was just a straight forward customer service email address, but their doesn't seem to be. I'll try the CHAT facility again, but a may have to ring them in the end. 

MZone
Rising star

If you check your paperwork, or emails for your customer agreement you should hopefully find a phone number there. Otherwise try sending an SMS from your router to your personal mobile and you should be able to find out your number that way.

flicky5
Regular

Hi MZone,

Oh ok, I will check my paperwork again for their customer service number. As for sending sending a text from my router to my mobile to find my number, I have no idea how to do that. Will I have to log into the router itself using the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx network address number? I'm not really clued up with this to be honest. 

I do find the THREE way of doing things rather odd and difficult as I did with NOWTV broadband. They also made it difficult to find things out. Plusnet were not to bad, but why a simple email cant be sent I don't know. Maybe I am missing something.

Any advice about the SMS and router would be appreciated 

MZone
Rising star

Yeah you have to log into the router settings page as you said above. I have no experience in using a 3 broadband router but this is the answer that has been said before. 

flicky5
Regular

Hello MZone,

Thanks for the reply and confirmation about the router and SMS. I managed to contact THREE using the CHAT facility in the end, and sorted my query out with regard to my billing and discount. This is all a bit new to me. Hopefully, in time I will get the hang of it and things won't appear so daunting.

Very much appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. Really helpful.

Take care MZone