cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103E has a manufacturing fault

Spoontamer
Regular

Got that sh**ty Zyxel NR5103E from Three and I don’t remember how many hundreds times I’ve done a Reboot within a year and 2 months. 3 Hard Resets. 1 time a new SIM card replacement. More than a week have no 5G inside the router, uploading speed is 0.45 Mbps, so it’s physically impossible to use Google Drive or anything like that. 
When I phoned Three — had a very bad conversation. On the website checker everything is “fine” with coverage, however when I called them and said that I have no 5G and upload speed 0.45 Mbps — they said: Oh, what is your post code? I said SE22 0** (South East London) and then she said: Aaah, yeaah, we have an engineering works in your area until Sunday 21st April, we’re sorry about that! 
I have 9 years IT background, so I know exactly how to check whether is a device issue or not. Having Smarty SIM card, which runs on Three network, on my Samsung phone, 5G full bar, same property, download 700+ Mbps upload 8,5Mbps, so obviously it’s a Zyxel’s issue. 
I’ve done my research and have seen many complaints about Zyxel, so Three got this cheap devices and didn’t test them properly before giving away to customers. Constant non-stop Reboot is required in order to have at least some internet, and it’s not a network, it’s a Zyxel. I’m about to buy Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 HA122-373, which by reviews of many people is very stable, much more stable than Zyxel, it cost £262 but I’m going to buy it, as I’m sick and tired to call Three and restart restart and restart that Zyxel. Staff from Three: Guys, you better offer Huawei devices to customers and ask £30 per month, so at least there would be no complaints and stable reputation, rather than offer cheapest cr*p Zyxel and having thousands of complaints. 
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Sojourn
Regular

I had my router delivered yesterday, I ma having the same issue. The router will not bind to 5G, my phone gets full 5G when I sit it on the router (450mb dl) et the router is stuck in 4g getting 45mb dl

From what I have read on this forum the rumour is there is a faulty batch, one person got a replacement and it jumped straight onto 5G with 850mb dl

Spoontamer
Regular

Magically, today my router Zyxel has connected to 5G by itself. But I'll buy Huawei anyways