cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Hub prevents notifications coming through on my phone

jap72
Fledgling

I signed up to Three home broadband on 18/01/2024, my 5G hub would have arrived a few days after this.

On 06/02/2024, I messaged a friend and said my Google Pixel phone was sending me notifications through with a long delay. It would have been doing this for a while for me to mention this to someone. I researched the problem and spoke to Google about it. I followed all of the suggestions, including a factory reset of my device, but the problem persisted.

This week I bought a refurbished Alcatel phone and took my Pixel in to be looked at. Would you believe the Alcatel phone has exactly the same issue of not displaying notifications when they come through.

I thought that it was unlikely to be the same issue with 2 phones, so I wondered what else might be causing the issue. Then I disconnected my phone from my 5G hub, and a load of notifications came through. Since then, I've mostly been disconnected from my hub, and notifications are coming through fine.

Why is my hub causing this issue? What can I do to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jap72,

Based on what other customers have shared calling 500 from a Three phone, or 0333 338 1003 from another line and asking the Broadband team to remove the adult filters from the account seems to help with this issue.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.