cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 minute call allowance.

Rfa
Fledgling

Hi, I'm correct in understanding that calls allowance is 60 minutes??? Does the call automatically stop after this time frame? Or is a 3 money making excercise, if so can you set the phone to automatically cut the call, after 60 minutes?

Thanks for any advice.

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, maximum call duration is 120 minutes and the call ends. There is no way to increase it so all you can do redial and carry on your conversation.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rfa,

Sorry if this caused any confusion. As @sc1999 mentioned the limit is 2 hours, and it cuts you off, there's no charges associated.

I think I know what you're referring to, as I've seem some networks in the past having services where you can call for free up till an hour then per minute charges kick in. Three doesn't have any call services that operate in this manner.

Don't worry, the 2 hours is just to help prevent potential network congestion.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

GHT
Fledgling

Why is 3 cutting me off after 1 hour 

Xxbeckybabesxx
Fledgling

I have just been on the phone to them and they blatantly lied to me. They said it’s always been 60 mins which I know it isn’t. Mines been the same for a few weeks and it’s frustrating. Apparently they can’t do anything about it. Why were customers not informed? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Xxbeckybabesxx  I've answered on the new topic you started, but just to confirm it should still be 120 minutes. I've fed this back about the misinformation. You mentioned about contacting CAB in that post. Have you noticed this happening on any personal landline or mobile calls or specifically when calling organisations or businesses?

@GHT can you let me know more about your experience?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

This isn’t true. I have just got off a Call with 3 a man in India is where he said he was from. He states it’s 60 mins and always has been. This is not true. Why were we not informed of the change from 2 hours to 1 hour