cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midi 4g not connecting

ricoman30
Fledgling

Is there a reason my mifi is not connecting wirelessly to my laptop? The modem is not even showing up under the connections. I can only connect via usb to get a connection.

Best solution
Best solution
Paddiewack
Superstar

Check the settings to ensure your network isn’t set to hidden. I’d bet a pint on that being the issue. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Best solution
Paddiewack
Superstar

Check the settings to ensure your network isn’t set to hidden. I’d bet a pint on that being the issue. 

ricoman30
Fledgling

So when I go to settings I have noticed a hidden network. What do I do with this mate? I appreciate your help 😁😁😁

Paddiewack
Superstar

There should be an option to reveal the network by unticking a box. But I’ve done this myself before and trust me the best way is to reset your mifi. Do this by removing the back cover and somewhere along the edge is a small black button. Get a pin or needle or opened paperclip and hold the button down for around twenty seconds (You’ll hear it click). The lights on the router will then flash for around a minute or so whilst it reconfigures and reconnects. Now refer to the white label and look for the network name and go to whatever device you’re trying to connect and it should find that network. You’ll have to connect using the default password (also on that label) and once connected you can either rename the network and change the password,or leave things as they are. 
Do all that and you’ll be sorted.

MZone
Key player

If you try to connect to a hidden wireless network then I believe you have to manually input the name (SSID) of the wireless network that your mifi device is using. Failing that log into your mifi device settings page and unhide your wireless network. Alternatively reset your mifi device and start again.