cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on my 3 sim in Greece

Deronke
Fledgling

Hi I’m in Rhodes and my sim is showing ‘no service’ at all only can connect to WiFi I have a roaming data on my plan and it’s on.. I have tried to select a Manuel network but still not working. Any ideas thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
MZone
Rising star

Can you check if you have a spend cap set on your account as this may be causing the issue. Failing that try live chat. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Deronke,

From your phone: check that Roaming/Data Roaming is on in your settings.
Try toggling flight/airplane mode on and off again
On network/carrier selection, set this to manual, and try any available networks which are found.

As @MZone suggested, from the Three App, you should be able to check your spend limit isn't set to 0

If none of these suggestions help, get in touch. The team should be able to check roaming is definitely active on your account with no bars. They can also check to make sure that your Data Roaming Limit, and credit limit for your account haven't been reached.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

rustyredwine
Fledgling

There seem to a be a flaw with the spend cap and roaming.  I was in France last week and, despite having a £10 spend cap, wasn't charged the £2 to activate data roaming (which itself is far from clear on the website).  Which meant I couldn't use the phone until I was able to get on WiFi and contact Three support.  Didn't get any sense out of the foreign agent, except to work out that it was something to do with spend cap or credit limit (I still don't know what the difference is) I had to increase the cap and then re-start the phone to access data roaming.  My partner had a £0 spend cap and had the same issue.  The spend cap is really hard to find in the settings and can't be accessed at all with no data. We've been travelling abroad for years and have never not been able to use our phones at all before.

ryzoft
Fledgling

Hey, I'm currently looking for the spending cap, Can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm having this EXACT issue in croatia. Do you remember where you found it?

MZone
Rising star

When you log into the Three app it’s under manage your account. 

Masonsmagic
Fledgling

Did you fix this ? Been in Crete since Monday with no roaming tried EVERYTHING! 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Masonsmagic,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using your allowances while in Crete.

If you've followed the steps below, regarding checking your spend cap and ensuring data roaming is switched on in the device settings and are still encountering issues, then we'd need to access your account to run some further troubleshooting.

Please get in touch with our teams. We have a live chat option that may be easier to use if you've got access to Wi-Fi in your location at the moment. 

Thanks,

Kate