cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving security texts following port

bearfluff100
Fledgling

Hi everyone. I ported my number from Vodafone today - all seems ok but I am now unable to receive any security verification texts which means a lot of the apps aren’t working (WhatsApp, online banking etc). From a quick google it looks as though this is a common error. Online chat haven’t been very helpful. Has anyone got any advice? 
Thank you!!

10 REPLIES 10
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

That sounds like a frustrating issue to have.

When did you use your PAC with Three? Are you having issues receiving texts from other users on other networks? Keep in mind iMessages and Chat messages don't count as texts messages and would come through regardless of whether the port in was completed. 

If you're unsure, it might be worth turning iMessage off (iPhone) or Chat Features off (android) and then testing your texts to see if they are working correctly. 

Pete.

bearfluff100
Fledgling

Hi Peter, 

thanks for your reply. I used my PAC on Thursday this week. There’s no issues with other text messages as I’m still receiving them. It’s just security texts. 

louise

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

It sounds like there might be an issue with the routing after porting in to the network. I'll send you over some details on what to do next. 

Pete. 

Chris1998
Fledgling

Hi Pete, I am having the exact same problem as described by @bearbluff100. Please can you help me. I desperately need to get on WhatsApp but cant recieve the verification code on my new phone. I transferred my number from vodafone using a pac number and can recieve texts/calls from all other numbers but not my whatsapp verification code.

Thanks,

Chris

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Chris1998 and @Lou_blade 

So sorry we didn't get back to you here! How did you get on with this?

If you're still having issues receiving that verification text, can you please try resetting your network settings? The option to do that should be in your phone's settings menu, usually under Network or Reset headings.

It can also help to check your internet and messaging settings by following these steps.

Let us know if you're still stuck after this and we'll figure out the next best step for you.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Lou_blade
Fledgling

Can you provide details please? I am having the same issue!! Moved over from Vodafone and haven’t received the verification sms from WhatsApp 

Skylark001
Active

@PeteG, I'm still having the same problem as Bearfluff, above.  Security codes are not coming through instantly via Wifi-Calling.  They arrive hours or days late, by which time they're out-of-date and can't be used.  This is a serious problem.

I live in a remote rural location with zero mobile reception, so I'm dependent upon Wifi-Calling.  Wifi-Calling still works perfectly for me re. making and receiving calls on my mobile BUT for the last month texts are not arriving promptly.

Picture it!  I need to log in to my bank so on my mobile I switch on its wifi and its Wifi-Calling.  Then I press "Send" on my bank's website so that the security code will be sent to my mobile.  But the mobile doesn't receive it!  Infuriating! 

The system worked well for all of the 12 months leading up to this past month.  Something has gone badly wrong somewhere in Three's text networks during the last month.

Every time I speak to one of the assistants in India they try to blame my phone or my broadband provider or my router!  But my partner still has no problem using the same system as me . . . but my partner is with EE.

Lou_blade
Fledgling

Did you get a reply to this? Thanks 

hertspaul
Fledgling

Hi. Ported from EE to Three and have the same issue - not receiving any verification texts since the Port. Can't log in to WhatsApp, bank, taxi app etc etc. Customer service less than helpful. Please can someone help?