cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Contact and VoLTe

Theo
Fledgling

It is a shame.  I have been with Three (SIM only monthly contract) for 20+ years but it appears that I will have to leave.

There is a sad lack of support for VoLTe which means that, when on 4G, every call that comes in give and Unknown Caller (Contact?. Can't rememebr which.  If I want it to work properly I have to switch the SIM option to Automatic 3G/2G so disabling 4G.  Three is switching off the 3G signal so the coverage is getting progressively less.

I have a Vodafone SIM on PAYG  and that works fine and the coverage seems pretty similar so I will take up a Vodafone contract.  Three doesn't want to talk to me about it (I have been hanging about on Live Chat for 15minutes with "Checking Availability" showing for 15 minutes) so I have no option.

The phone that I am using is a Fairphone 3+.  I had the same sproblem with Android 12 as I am with the lates upgrade to Andoid 13.

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Volte only works on sim 1.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Theo,

I've never heard of an issue where calls over 4G show as unknown callers/contacts. Just to check so this was an issue on a Fairphone 3+, and has persisted on Android 12 and 13? Or have you had the same issue on more than one Android phone?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.