cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my call dropping at 60 minutes?

Xxbeckybabesxx
Fledgling

Hi I’ve just got off the phone to a 3 representative who states it’s never been 120 minutes and that it’s always 60 minutes. This is not true. It’s been like this for a few weeks now. If I ring things like CAB they take longer than an hour to call. So it’s impossible. Why were us customers not made aware of this change? 

10 REPLIES 10
Paddiewack
Superstar

I have to be honest with you and say like you I thought it was 120 minutes. So I checked the terms and conditions and it categorically says it’s 120 minutes and apparently it’s standard across the industry. I’ve never been on a 2 hour call as I’m Billy no mates but I wonder if the CAB have a 60 minute limit for calls to avoid excessive queuing.Just a thought as opposed to an answer. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Xxbeckybabesxx,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've had a check into this and the limit on call length is and remains 120 minutes. I'm not familiar with any call settings that would cut you off either, so it may be that CAB have imposed a limit on their end.

Have you encountered this with more than one phone number/organisation since you noticed when ringing the CAB?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MZone
Rising star

Just to confirm I was on a call for 1hr 15 mins yesterday with no issues. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Awesome @MZone thanks for confirming this. I checked this out and confirmed the limit is 2 hours, and a couple of colleagues tested just to be sure.

I think most likely as the example given here is CAB, there's likely a limit on how long they'll allow calls to queue.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Hi thank you for your response. It seems Three in India doesn’t correspond to three in the uk as they are adament I’ve never made an outgoing call that lasts more than an hour. No it’s nothing to do with CAB. Three customer service and I’ve contacted you Multiple times have said it’s 60 mins and this is apparently standard with all networks. Which I know is wrong. It’s been happening for a few weeks now. I’ve also noticed someone else on community here asked the same question so I’m not alone. It’s happening on all calls upto 60 mins 

I obviously can’t speak with any authority because I’ve never made a call that long. But I can only reiterate what it says in the terms and conditions. Doesn’t help you I know.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Xxbeckybabesxx,

I'm sorry to hear this, and happy to take a closer look into the situation. I think based on what we've seen it's more likely that there's either a limited issue affecting some customers, or there's limits imposed by the party being called.

The vast majority of calls on the network are far shorter than one hour, but I totally understand between queueing to be answered, and that a conversation with the CAB this could be far longer than the average personal call.

@MZone and some colleagues are confirming they've made recent calls which lasted longer than an hour, and as @Paddiewack has confirmed from T's and C's, 2 hours is the actual intended limit.

I'll take this away and make some more enquiries, and I apologise again if you've heard any incorrect info from customer services. It doesn't excuse this by any means, but I suspect this is a very rare enquiry for them. I've fed this back when you first raised the concern though, so we'll hopefully have that cleared up for the future.

I'll have a look into how we can query this from a technical perspective. In the meantime, just to confirm, you've made several calls to different numbers recently which have been cutting off at precisely 60 minutes?

Thanks,
Jonathan

MZone
Rising star

IMG_0293.jpeg

A screenshot to confirm outgoing voice call for 1hr28m. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

Well you’re definitely not Billy no mates like me lol. 😉