cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abysmal coverage

dasBOT
Fledgling

I live in SP10 area, I use Galaxy Flip 5 phone. Signed the contract with 3 in September last year and to be honest September can't come soon enough so I can change provider. The whole time I'm with 3 all I get indoors is 1 or 0 bars. Home, work, shops, all the same. How many time I lost signa and can't pay  for my shopping in Tosco's. It is embarrassing. The outdoor signal is good but most of my time I spend indoors. 

Really 3 is a joke. 

Never again.

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

It's disappointing to hear you're having so many issues with the connection on your phone. Given you're having the issues at so many locations, and for so long, it's usually an indicator that there's a device issue. That's not for certain of course, but it's normally the case. I'd recommend trying another phone if you have one spare, or if some one doesn't mind letting you test your SIM in their phone, this will allow you to test it out and see how the devices compare. 

If you'd like to explore the network as a possible cause for the issues, you can enter the details of each area into the service Status Checker

As for not being able to pay in stores with your phone, I have no idea why that would be. I'm assuming you're referring to using a service like Google Pay? Those payment services are designed to work completely offline. The data required is in the phone, and the terminal you're trying to pay through is the internet connected device that verifies the payment. I'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer, or the provider of the payment service you're trying to use to learn more about that, as Mobile Payments is not a feature that relies on the mobile network. 

Pete. 

Paddiewack
Maestro

SP10 postcode shows excellent coverage on the Three coverage checker (with a very few small outdoor coverage areas only). This wouldn’t initiate the problems entirely that you describe so it really might be worth putting your sim into an alternative phone and seeing if the results differ.

dasBOT
Fledgling

I have used Poco 4x, Poco F3, Xiaomi Mi Mix3, Flip 5 .. all the same, indoor is just a sad joke

Paddiewack
Maestro

Have you tried WiFi calling? That would at least sort out your indoor coverage for the duration of your contract? I have to use it all the time because our area is very rural and although outside coverage is fine,indoors is patchy but excellent over the internet.