cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't we uninstall unwanted Android Google apps.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Should we, the bill payer, be able to uninstall unwanted apps that the phone manufacturers are forced to install by Alphabet/Google? Please don't laugh but I do not use social media apps, Google Chrome or You Tube so I want to remove them. There are also 1 or 2 that Samsung won't allow me to remove. 

I want to remove them for a couple of reasons. One is space and the other is the less apps I have the less likely a poorly tested update will drain my battery.

6 REPLIES 6
Smudger
Fledgling

Samsung wont issue phones without these apps I'm afraid

Nidkam
Regular

I wish there should be an option.

sduncb
Regular

in most cases, its money! app creators pay phone manufacturers to pre install their apps on the devices, or companies want to lock you down to their own ecosystem

sc1999
Local celebrity

I did not make myself clear. I am aware of the financial reasons, pressure from Google, etc but we are the customers. Perhaps it's time to say to the networks we don't want this stuff or we buy phones that don't come with bloatware.

Goblin59
Active

Heh...Samsung Bloatware......the scurge of the Samsung fan boys....designed to try to create an ecosystem to comple ewith apple becuase they did research in the USA and found that people wanted to have a religuous experince with their phone.  I bought a Huawei and my son fixed it to work like an andoid phone with no bloatware.......I use the full android suite and have no cappolla, and I can't see me ever buying a Samsung phone until the allow a fresh strip out.......hard luck Samsung...you might have got a sale...but you blew it

VM2022
Regular

I totally agree with you. I need space and hate the updates draining my battery.