cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems Three Support team killed my HomeBroadband SIM

metoo6000
Regular

Hi,

Just now, I was talking to Three staff via online support, and this guy asked me if the SIM was properly installed. I said it was, but he insisted on checking it. I said no and asked if (s)he knew when the mast would be fixed. Then, the internet suddenly went down, and guess what? The router cannot recognise the SIM anymore. I re-inserted it and restarted the router, but the signal LED kept blinking - which means there is no SIM or faulty SIM. The Three 5G Broadband app also says that I need to insert the SIM card correctly. I can't believe this. Did Three deliberately kill my SIM? Has anyone had a similar experience? 

1 REPLY 1
metoo6000
Regular

Following my initial post here, the Three staff who talked to me online called me and said they would help fix the issue, and asked me to restart the router again. Guess what! The SIM was suddenly magically recognised by my router. I couldn't believe what I saw, so I asked him if he had done something to my SIM. He said he only reset the router settings. I try not to guess anything here, but what a coincidence!! 😳

And, I have the usual painful-slow connection again. 😫 He asked me to give it a go another week to see if things getting better. If not, I have no choice but to cancel the service because this seriously affects my work.