cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation issue not sorted for almost a month

innerquest
Fledgling

I contacted 3 to get a replacement SIM for my monthly contract phone on the 11Feb, it arrived on the following Weds and despite numerous live help chats didn’t get told until the Sunday that the sim wasn’t working and there was a glitch. Told to go to shop next day to get a sim but because the first name of driving liscence wasn’t same as contract they couldn’t help. Another week waiting to get that changed. New sim issued by shop the following Monday and despite multiple conversations and promises it’s still not working.  I was told they would make a new account last Thursday and it would take 72 hours to activate - it’s now 6 Match - contacted the help line again, it will take another 72 hours.

No clear answers and no progress - what should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @innerquest,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. If you're still running into these issues, we're keen to help get you connected again.

If the issue is with an account, system, or SIM fault, we'll need to get this looked at more closely by colleagues that have access to your account. I'll send you a private message that will direct you to more help.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

innerquest
Fledgling

It was sorted yesterday after I had a major session with 'help' on Friday - fortunately the guy I was passed to in the complaints dept actually took ownership - and phoned me on the Monday to let me know how it was going - then followed through on the Wednesday to let me know the problem had been sorted. It was a request for a SIM that had been made by someone in the 3 team but was conflicting with the sim already ordered. 

The guy who took ownership deserves a medal. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I'm glad to hear this has now been sorted out, I appreciate it must have been a really frustrating and disruptive experience for you, and it's really disappointing to hear that the conflicting orders weren't picked up and solved by the first team you spoke to about this.

I'd really like to get this looked into further, to see where things went wrong, and also to pass on the great feedback for the advisor that did manage to sort it all out.

If you happen to have any references like a complaint reference, or case number, would you mind sending me a reply on the private message?

You can find your messages inbox on the community by clicking on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.