cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch Pairing Plan

edgarfr0gg
Fledgling

I have a Galaxy Watch Classic LTE and Samsung Galaxy S22 + phone. I am having an issue pairing my smartwatch plan. I am signed up to a 24m smart watch plan but when I try and connect to a plan through the Samsung Wearable app it only gives me the option of signing up to a new smartwatch pairing plan (billable on rolling monthly). How do I connect to my existing smartwatch contract rather than sign up for a new one?

9 REPLIES 9
MZone
Key player

Have a look at this guide here. 

edgarfr0gg
Fledgling

Unfortunately this just repeats the steps that I have already taken. There doesn't seem to be an option to link the existing smartwatch plan via the wearable app, only sign up to a new one. 

MZone
Key player

@JonathanB are you able to advise @edgarfr0gg?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I do recall with Samsung devices that some customers have mentioned in the past having better results when they downloaded the Galaxy Wearable app from the Samsung App store, rather than the Play store version.

Are you having the same results when downloading the Wearable App from both stores @edgarfr0gg?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

edgarfr0gg
Fledgling

Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan, I've tried that now but no dice unfortunately. I have contacted Three and they seem at a loss also

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for trying this. So from my understanding there's no error, however you'd taken a plan for inclusive pairing but it's prompting you to take the rolling monthly option? Can you access your My3 on a browser or the app? If so, is the pairing plan reflecting in your add ons or bills there?

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

I've had another conversation with 3. Apparently when I fist activated the smart watch it was activated as a pay monthly smart watch plan (which has now been cancelled - but will remain "live" until later this month). From that point on I should be able to access the 24 month smartwatch plan I initially signed up to - hopefully that will resolve the issue. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Ah that's unfortunate, but at least the team have cleared this up somewhat. If you're experiencing similar issues when your bill cycle refreshes, please let me know.

Thanks for your help. Yes you understood correctly - both the rolling monthly plan and the 24m smart watch pairing plan are showing on my three app. The rolling monthly one is now under cancellation and will remain on the account until it expires on the 22nd May. We will see if it works following that.