cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia 1 ii not making it recieving calls

Jet69
Fledgling

My Sony Xperia 1 ii is suddenly unable to make or receive calls , SIM is  fine in other phones and other network sims  work in phone was  not supplied by  3  and  was just  bought as a unlocked device

5 REPLIES 5
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Jet. 

It sounds like the phone might be having issues using the VoLTE services since the 3G service was disabled. You mentioned that you got the phone elsewhere, so it's possible that the phone doesn't have the correct carrier settings on board for using VoLTE on Three. 

Doing some searching online, it looks like Sony provides different configurations for phones purchased from different carriers, and for phones purchased from a non carrier store. While looking around, I saw that Sony used to have a software tool for flashing a different carrier version onto their phones. 

I'm unsure if that's still a process they are doing, or how to do it, but it might be worth reaching out to Xperia support to see if they have any suggestions on that. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Kb888
Regular

Just to confirm, you tried other network sim cards in the Sony 1 II and they work? 

Jet69
Fledgling

Yes I tried an EE SIM works absoolutely fine ,this current three Sim also works fine in our other phones on three in the household a moto g73,redmi 10 ,and also a much more basic TCL 20 se ,strangely yesterday I was able to call it as I was elsewhere yesterday were the 3g hadn't been turned of despite the Sony being in our home area where it has so can only assume the 3 g network and volte network compatibility being the issue despite it being fully volte compatible and 5g

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jet69,

Can you please check out the advice on How to ensure your phone is ready for the 3G switch off and let me know if the steps there help? You may need a software update, or as the phone was purchased elsewhere you may need to check for a VoLTE/4G calling option and enable this.

If you're no further forwards after checking the advice on the linked article, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jet69
Fledgling

Unfortunately has made no difference at all went into a three storey today who said the issue had been red flagged to Sony as is an issue with there devices even the latest ones so looking for an update really I think