cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal customer service from Three

ThreeIsUseless
Fledgling

Hi

Let this be a warning for anybody considering switching to Three. DON'T!

I has a monthly 5G broadband contract with Three and was happy until I wanted to commit to a 24 month contract. I tried to take out a 24 month contract and was told I would need a new router and couldn't use my existing device. So I had to cancel my current contract and enter a new one. I also wanted to move my mobile sim across to Three after some messing around with the contract price (im not going in to that now) it was all agreed the latest they could send the router and mobile SIM was April 5th. My 30 day notice on my 1 month contract ended on the 8th of April I was not happy with having to pay for two devices when only one was needed so a credit was applied to cover the extra cost.

Come the 5th the broadband router arrives but not the mobile SIM I login to check where it is and notice my bill that was generated on the 3rd that should be £0 was  £118.90. It had an early termination fee applied, when Three were contacted they said it was for not returning the old router, the one still in contract until the 8th!. I was also told my order for the mobile SIM was cancelled because I cancelled my broadband contract THEY TOLD ME THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY TO MOVE TO A 24 MONTH CONTRACT!

So Three tell me it will be fixed and they arranged for packaging to be sent to return the old router, the old router was returned on the 12th. The direct debit was due on the 15th after speaking with Three I cancelled it as they could not confirm the router return would be processed. I also had to re-arrange the mobile SIM again.

Then on the 25th I got cut off because the £118.90 is still showing on my account. 3 weeks after they acknowledged it was applied by mistake and 2 weeks after the return of the old router. I've contacted them again only to be told theres nothing they can do. I will now have to go through the Ombudsman to get this corrected.

I want out of my contracts I should never have been charged for not returning a device STILL IN CONTRACT!, Three have the worst customer service I have experienced. Stop using Indian call centers they are useless!  

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Key player

Really sorry for your bad experience. Unfortunately cheaper monthly plans means outsourced contact centres. If you don’t have any issues which most don’t then it’s not a problem. I suggest you reach out to Three via social media as find the team that respond are much better at getting things resolved. Good luck!

hugey
Fledgling

Same here 

I took out a 24 month contract and paid up fully for the 24 months ,

I tried to cancel the contract on time by going in a couple of weeks early to say i wont be renewing .

cant do that sir you have to wait till the last month of the contract .

Ok but you cant cancel with exactely the right date can you as they want to squeeze an extra couple of pounds out of you

I canceled after the 24 months and they told me i will have to send the router back ? I said why I have finished the term > he said it was policy , well lucky for me i kept my contract and no where does it say i have to give it back after the end of the contract .

I would never trust THREE ever again ,

ThreeIsUseless
Fledgling

I still don't have my broadband back, they billed me for not returning a router still in contract while charging me for two. All I get from the Indians at Three is your should have paid the bill and we would have refunded it, its been 4 weeks and you still haven't corrected it. But they wanted me to pay 12 times my monthly price because they messed up and trust I'll eventually get the money back. Yeah right, the only positive is my case has been accepted by the ombudsman but they best come up with a good compensation offer or I'll be leaving regardless and putting a claim in for breach of contract. AGAIN STOP USING INDIAN CALL CENTERS THEY ARE INCOMPETENT!