cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Appel watch to account - requires additional data plan?

Purple13
Fledgling

So I placed an order to add an Apple Watch Ultra 2 to my plan (upgraded phone which I received yesterday). 

In this order I selected the device, selected the 24 month smart watch pairing plan and completed checkout, signed agreement and went to pay where the app sort of fell apart and crashed. 

upon calling Three I’m told the order would have failed immediately anyway as I need to add a new 24 month data plan to my account in order to use the watch?  

I am wrong in being under the impression that the smart watch plan shoidl allow me to share data from my phone therefore not requiring an additional plan?

the idea of paying £9 a month for a plan that would clearly be of no use to me whatsoever just so I could connect to my existing phone is insane!

4 REPLIES 4
MZone
Maestro

You have to have the watch paring plan to link your main plan with your watch. I believe it’s £7 a month on 1 month rolling plan but £5 a month if you take it out for 24 months when purchasing the watch from 3. All U.K. networks do this. 

Purple13
Fledgling

Thansk for your response, I was aware of this requirement however, the Three customer service agents I have spoken to have all told me I need a new Data plan on top of this pairing plan in order to use it and refuse to process an order without one despite the app and site not asking me to add a new plan. 

MZone
Maestro

@JonathanB are you able to advise please. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Purple13,

To my understanding you do need to have a phone or SIM only airtime line first for the smartwatch to pair to, but as you've already set this up with your phone plan, I'm not aware of any requirement to add a further plan to your account.

I'm not sure which team you've been in touch with so far, but the sales team on 0800 033 8006 may be able to help further with this, or if you've got a Three store nearby, perhaps they can help?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.