cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having issues with personalising their avatar or it is just me?

Beelzemon
Regular

Tried to upload and use a personal avatar because why not? But avatar won't update. Stuck using stock avatar image. Plus can't delete uploaded photos 😭 Any suggestions?

Best solution
Best solution
Pepi
Regular

I’ve uploaded a personalised photo and got a message that upload was successful but needs to be approved.I don’t know how long it will take and if the avatar will change after all.Maybe you should text the moderators for assistance?

View solution in conversation

11 REPLIES 11
Best solution
Pepi
Regular

I’ve uploaded a personalised photo and got a message that upload was successful but needs to be approved.I don’t know how long it will take and if the avatar will change after all.Maybe you should text the moderators for assistance?

sc1999
Local celebrity

Ditto. I uploaded a new avatar yesterday and waiting for it to be approved. I don't know how many moderators there are but as we are the guinea pigs for this community it may take a while.

Pepi
Regular

My avatar was approved and changed today.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Perhaps a moderator would care to respond.

TERMINATOR
Regular

I uploaded an image but it hasn't updated the avatar. I never recieved the confirmation email to verify the new account I was guessing that could be the issue.

Pepi
Regular

Did you check junk box?All my emails from the community go there.

sc1999
Local celebrity

My new avatar has been accepted and is now in use.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Beelzemon

@Pepi is spot on with this, images have to be approved by the moderators before they'll become visible. We'll be checking these on a regular basis so don't worry you won't normally need to wait long for them to show up. 

@SarahC@StephR, and I are all loving all the personalised avatar pics. Keep them coming!

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

mongoose
Regular

There doesn't seem to be anything which I could see on uploading and cropping the image to say it had to be approved first. Something for the backlog, maybe?