cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My poor old phone needs replacing

Luckylegs
Fledgling

I’ve been with 3 for about 17/18 years, I’m using a mobile that is older than my grandson and he is 9 haha, I chose a sim only a few months ago until I was in a position to upgrade the phone, I was told I could after 3/6 months, now I’m being told I can’t for 18 months.. 3 have let me down now ☹️ 

2 REPLIES 2
Jake_F
Employee
Employee

Hi @Luckylegs who was it that told you that you can’t upgrade?
The general rule when you’re on a sim only package is you can upgrade to a phone plan as long you have been a customer for 3 months. The only rule with that is you have to stay on the same data package you’re currently on or a higher package. This is subject to passing a credit check if you’ve never had a phone plan with us before.

I’d probably suggest visiting a store with some I.D and someone will check your account eligibility for you and talk through your options 

DanC
Employee
Employee

As Jake says you should be able to upgrade to a phone after 3 months of having the SIM as long as it's the same or higher data package.

If you have not had a phone on that account before the store will have to perform a quick SIM to HANDSET credit check first, as long as that's accepted you will be fine 

If you have already had a phone on that account then the rest of the SIM plan is waived and you can upgrade.

Hope you get it sorted