cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE! FRAUDELENT ACCOUNT SET UP USING MY DETAILS

Marys
Fledgling

Hi,

My mental health is at STAKE here! I have had 3 three mobile accounts opened using my details and nobody is helping me get them closed. I don't know what to do...

I have been a victim of fraud whereby a third party company approached me via my lyca mobile number pretending to be work with uk phone networks. They originally offered me an upgrade of unlimited calls/texts simcard along with an apple watch all for £6 a month. They took a refundable deposit from me of £30 and promised to give it back once i had received my watch and simcard. 

The company ended up sending me a iphone and three mobile simcard. I contacted them to complain that i received a completely different order. They lied and said that the system caused for my order to get mixed up with another customer and sent me a pre paid label to send them the phone. They assured that they would send me the right order (apple watch and lyca sim card). I started to get fed up and asked for my £30 deposit and the advisor agreed and took my bank details. They then took a further £60 and sent me 2 iphones and 2 three mobile simcards. At this point i was very annoyed. I was requesting for my £90 refund but they said they could only do that once i sent back the 2 iphones to them. Again they sent me a pre paid label and i sent it back to them.

I chased this company up for my deposit but they started to ignore my calls and hang up when they heard it was me. Luckily, my bank were able to give me the refund of £90 and cancel my cards. I have reported this case to action fraud. I have emailed three mobile, called them via telephone several times and spoke with many advisors on live chat. No body is helping me.  This happened DECEMBER 2023 and i'm still dealing with is in august 2024.

These 3 three mobile accounts opened with my details are now affecting credit score and are on my credit file. I really NEED help. 

Please can someone help me!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Officina-red
Involved

If you haven’t done it already, I would make a complaint by writing or online form https://www.three.co.uk/support/complaints/how-to-complain

Marys
Fledgling

Unfortunately, i've done that but still no response

Officina-red
Involved

How did you complain, in writing, online or phone ? , plus if you don’t mind how long ago.