cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

Trevor1
Fledgling

I was told to turn off my mobile data and roaming by your agent, which I did. I then made a call using the local internet and was charge a days roaming even though I had turned off my mobile data and roaming. This is the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I am going to take the matter up with the Ombudsman when I return to the UK in November. As a note: your agent advised me to go to a local shop in Spain and buy a sim card because it would be cheaper then using yours.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Trevor1,

Sorry to hear that you've inadvertently received a roaming charge. Just to understand this a bit better what do you mean when you say "I then made a call using the local internet"? If you've made a voice call on a roaming connection then it's correct that you would trigger the daily Go Roam charge.

The daily charges aren't for Data, they apply whenever you access your allowances, so if you make an outgoing call, or send an outgoing text, this will also trigger the daily roaming charge.

It sounds like you're spending a long time abroad, if that's the case our Go Roam services are intended for short trips, so we do encourage customers to explore options with local providers in situations like this, we are primarily a UK network provider, and Go Roam is intended to facilitate holidays.

If I've misunderstood your post in some way, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.