cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing date format in these forums

NFH
Active

Please could Three fix the confusing date format and sub-optimal time format in these forums?

For example, yesterday's date was 10/09/2023 (10th September 2023), but at the time of writing the forum will display the date of this post as 09/10/2023 (9th October 2023) after one month has elapsed.

MM/DD/YYYY is a very unusual, illogical and confusing date format, which is used by only around 5% of the world's population, and not at all in the UK where Three UK operates. It's is neither largest-to-smallest nor smallest-to-largest, and is instead half-backwards.

Most forums use 24-hour time, but these forums unusually use 12-hour time with AM and PM suffixes.

I expect both the date and the time formats are simple settings, which forum administrators have forgotten to correct. Please could you reconfigure the date and time format to DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS (24-hour)?

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

MM/DD/YYYY this is the US date format so not unusual at all.

NFH
Active

I disagree. A date format that's used by only 5% of the world's population is very unusual, and it's totally unintuitive and confusing to anyone using these forums in the UK.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I must have spent too much time using US websites and working with US companies like Microsoft.