cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score affected

PA00
Fledgling

I am in the process of buying a new property and was horrified to find my credit score had decreased by 122 points!!!! This morning. 

This was due to a late payment by 3.

To explain the situation I have been with 3 since 2020. I have never missed a payment and I have used the same bank account throughout this time. 
I upgraded my phone in April this year! Stupid mistake!! 
They set up my new phone through live chat and I assumed that meant my details taken would be used for my airtime direct debit and my device direct debit. Once again WRONG! 

I was on holiday and received an email about my device direct debit saying they’ll take the payment. Standard just assumed this would come out as normal direct debits do. I was furious to find an email on my return from holiday to see that they said I hadn’t paid…I looked on the app and my direct debit details were there..and this device payment wasn’t anyway to be seen. I panicked and made the payment manually thinking this wouldn’t affect my account. WRONG!!

I am trying to get a mortgage for my new property which I’m purchasing next month. I’ve called 3 and was told my direct debit hadn’t been set up for the device plan. This has now been set up but I will believe it when I see it. 

My main concern is my credit score. I have lodged a complaint to have it removed with both 3 and Experian but have been informed I have to wait 2 weeks. I do not have much faith at all to be honest. I am completely devastated after being a loyal customer and never missing a payment in my life on anything. 

I am absolutely disgusted and now I’m worried I won’t get my mortgage as a result. 

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Superstar

@Maxine are you able to help the above please. 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @PA00,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had a missed payment marker applied to your credit file and understand how worrying this must be, especially while going through the process of obtaining a mortgage.

I'm going to drop you a PM with instructions on how to reach out to my colleagues, who will be able to help investigate this further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Kate

PA00
Fledgling

Just to confirm I have also made a payment on the live chat Friday 7th for this months payment to then find I have now been marked as missed payment on Experian for this month!!!! Late payment and missed payment! I find it absolutely ridiculous! If this isn’t resolved by the weekend I will be going into store!