cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

Just_me
Fledgling

HELP... I get my broadband through 3 ((cant get broadband through anyone else as live in a rural area)) but its on my uncles account. Three take payment out of my bank for the broadband but his leaving three and cancelling his direct debits for his phones etc so will they try and take his payments from my bank?.. 

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Assuming that your uncle's contracts are complete then why would 3 try to take money from you? Also, they need your permission to set up a dd. However, if you are a guarantor for your uncle's accounts then they could come after you for any balances.

Just_me
Fledgling

I don't know if my uncles 3 contracts are complete i pay the broadband trew my bank as a direct debit and I don't want to lose my broadband 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Talk to your uncle.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Just_me,

Just to reassure you, only the account holder is liable for payment, so if the accounts mentioned are not in your name we wouldn't be pursuing you for the bills. If we do happen to have your personal number recorded on any of these accounts and get in touch, just let them know that you're not the account holder.

I am a little concerned for your uncle if he's cancelling the Direct Debits but hasn't spoken to us about giving cancellation notice. If he hasn't been in touch to say he wants to cancel these other accounts, I'd encourage him to do so, as cancelling a payment method is not the same as informing us to end a contract, he'll end up with overdue balance and potentially damage his credit rating.

If he's not going to be continuing as a Three customer personally, then you may wish to look into at a change of ownership for this Broadband account and you could take over as the account holder. He would need to get in touch first to initiate the process, and you would need to pass a credit check but if that all goes through then the Broadband account would be in your name and ownership.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.