cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inept CS need capable support - porting messed up

LoobyLoo
Regular

I am a new customer to Thee, my number was set to port from EE. This has gone seriously wrong and the web chat has failed to resolve. multiple phone calls and 7+ web chats and they just don't get the problem. I have been left with both numbers but unable to receive calls on either (just the three SIM inserted). Send a text and its from the Three number. Make a call and its from the EE number. The porting was due to complete on the 6 June. CS have told me its complete!!! No SMS messages have been received regarding the porting. I really do need to speak with a Three person in the UK as I cant cope with the other option anymore!!!

7 REPLIES 7
celluauto
Regular

I’m having a very similar problem - in my case, they have ported over calls but nothing else, and my old EE sim still makes and receives calls, texts etc.  it’s now been 4 days.  I’ve been phoning them every day and they keep saying the port has completed - however, they admitted today that they have a new system and are currently experiencing a glitch with porting numbers which means it’s not completing (they also said they’re trying to work out how to use the new system 🤦‍♂️).  I asked to cancel my contract as it’s within the 14 day cooling off period, and they gave me a PAC code and told me to call EE to give it to them to switch back.  I did this and EE said they can’t use the PAC code because it’s locked as Three still haven’t finished the porting process.  They (EE) also said they are aware of hundreds of people experiencing this problem with Three, and Three seems to be trying to keep it quiet.  Utter disgrace.  So at the moment, I am having to pay for two phone contracts for the same telephone number and nobody can do anything about it until Three finish the process, but Three have no idea what they’re doing and think it’s already done.  Anyone have any advice?  I’m assuming I can take this matter to the regulator (OFCOM)?  I’m stuck in a limbo and having to pay twice for everything- surely this can’t be legal??

LoobyLoo
Regular

Yes this exactly that same issue. I have never had such poor customer service, total disgrace and hiding behind overseas call centers. These issues should have been expedited to a UK technical support team with follow up communications. 

My findings are as...

Cannot call my EE number!

Cannot call my three number!
Can't cannot SMS EE number, can SMS three number!
Can place a call from EE number. SMS from phone comes through on three number!!! 
Cannot receive any phone calls.

If anyone can post a number for UK contact, please please do
celluauto
Regular

Just to update, it looks like mine is now finally going or gone through.  If you’re still having problems, my advice is to call the 333 number, use options 1, 3 and 5 in that order (gets you through to cancellations) and tell them that you want to cancel your contract because of the appalling service.  They gave me a PAC code, and funnily enough, a few hours later, it seems to have been magically fixed…

I don’t think they’ve got any UK call centres unfortunately.  But grit your teeth and tell them you want to cancel because of this.  You might also want to mention OFCOM, that seems to have helped…

Hope you (and others - it seems there are many) get it sorted.  Why I ever went with Three I’ll never know.  Lesson learned…

LoobyLoo
Regular

Good to hear its looking favorable for you. I certainly share your feelings on why did I switch to Three...

At least I can make and receive calls now. Problem now is I can receive SMS to my ported (Ex EE) number  however when I reply its the recipient sees my temporary Three number.

At no time during this process have SMS messages been received to indicate any progress. I don't have the will to enter into any more chats, my mind is blown by this. Fingers crossed

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @LoobyLoo 

I'm really sorry to hear that it's taking so long for your number to transfer over. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

LoobyLoo
Regular

Hi, as I mentioned above. At least I can make and receive calls now. Problem now is I can receive SMS to my ported (Ex EE) number  however when I reply its the recipient sees my temporary Three number. Should you be able to guide me further to resolution I would be extremely grateful.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LoobyLoo,

Are you still running into this issue? I think this problem may relate to iMessage, or chat/RCS messaging if you're on Android. These services send messages over the Internet and pick up the mobile number from your phone settings rather than the network so this can sometimes get stuck on the temporary number first attached to your SIM.

On iPhone you can change your number in settings, and you may need to switch iMessage off and on.

For any Android try opening your messages inbox, you should be able to access message settings from the menu in the top right, then look for "Chat" or "RCS" test with this feature off and then try switching it back on.

If all else fails, I'd recommend getting a replacement SIM next.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.