cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurer saying phone not blacklisted on national database

Richard08
Fledgling

I lost my phone and reported this to Three who then had blacklisted it.  Now when I'm trying to claim on my insurance for a new phone my insurer is saying that the phone has not been blacklisted on the national database.  I've gone back to three (using the webchat) who insist it has been blacklisted and that they would not have been able to provide the proof of barring letter - which they did - had this not been done.

I'm stuck between two companies here and rapidly losing faith in Three.  The customer service I have received throughout this process has not been great.  Anybody able to help please?  I gather that other people have experienced the same issue from looking on here and that the UK team was able to solve it?

Thanks

Richard Wheadon

7 REPLIES 7
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Richard08 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're having, that's really frustrating! In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

nvelugop
Fledgling

Hi John how are you

lost my mobile phone on 28 June 2023 And I have requested for my proof of barring and proof of usage from customer service I have received only the proof of usage after 2 weeks and the insurance company said they need separate letter for proof of barring and when they checked my mobile is not blacklisted yet so I have requested to three customer service for it they promised me to give it in 48 hours and after 48 hrs no email again requested for it after 4 times of request they said wait for 72 hrs and again no reply after that I message again they said i should wait 10 working days even after 10 working days no letter I have requested for Letter again on 18th of August and they said to wait for 72 hours but again no proof it's been nearly 2 months but still I'm waiting for my proof of barring this is literally frustrating i don't know what to do and again I have requested for a letter and asked me to connect to complaint team they sent me letter in which my phone is not blacklisted i don't know why it's not showing in blacklist it will be a problem for me if someone misuse my lost phone please help me with this even when I try to check my imei number in Google it's showing clean not blacklisted even in Google it's showing clearly please help me with this 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nvelugop,

I've sent you a PM now to get you in touch with some colleagues that are looking into this issue. I'm really sorry to hear this has been going on for so long for you, but they'll take ownership and make sure this is sorted out for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

mikewalker1
Fledgling

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my insurance saying my phone is not blacklisted but three saying it is. 
spent numerous hours going back and forth on phone calls and I am getting nowhere.

I really need this sorting please do you have anyone I can speak to who can help.

many thanks 

Sanjay
Fledgling

Hello Team,

I have requested to block my device and it’s been like nearly a month, there is too much drama from three side. They send me a proof of usage and barring, but my insurance company says the device wasn’t blocked.

I have requested three to block my device like more than 4 times, they just send a email says your query was closed, they just close the query without any progress in the case.

could someone help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Happytails
Fledgling

same issue...a month and a bit of waiting and calls

ellierose1234
Fledgling

Yep the exact same thing has happened to me! Literally the worst customer service ever. Have had 10 cases open back and forth because my phone still hasn’t been blacklisted. Every time I speak to someone I get the same response to wait. My insurance company said that they’d accept a letter from three as long as they stated that ‘having spoken with myself and hearing that the insurance company have said the phone is not blacklisted we at three can confirm the phone is blacklisted’ but will three send me that letter? NO! They just keep resending the proof of usage letter which I already have. You wouldn’t think it would be hard to write a two sentence letter especially as then they wouldn’t have to hear from me again but now I need to open another case as they still haven’t listened to me. I will never ever recommend three to another person ever again