cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ireland-Daily Roaming Charges

John64
Fledgling

I live in Northern Ireland and cross the border to Republic of Ireland frequently.  Ireland and Isle of Man are exempt from daily roaming charges as per the 3 website but I am now getting a text for £1.67 exc vat when I call a UK number.  It is also showing on bills.  I have used live chat but they don't seem to know that Ireland is exempt?  I have tried help several times and they have offer a one time reduction which isn't going to address the problem.

7 REPLIES 7
michaelrowland
Regular

I'm having the same problem. Contacted Chat Support and he added 10GBP credit to my account but as Itreland is Exempt there shoudl be no charges. He also set up spend limit to zero but that doens't kick in till next billing cycle so not sure if that will work. Had no idea waht I was talking about when I said Ireland was expemt and even reply he send me ended with have I resolved our issue have a nice day. Think I will call into the shop in Newry see if they can shed any light.

Sprinter211
Fledgling

I'm always being billed daily £1.67 in Ireland for calling an Irish or UK number I have spoken to 3 and they don't know what's going on and keep telling me they will credit the money although I have a spend cap set at 0 which doesn't mean anything.can anyone from 3 try to resolve this as it's only started in the last couple of months.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Sprinter211,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been getting charged for roaming in Ireland, normally this will be exempt from our daily Go Roam charges, so we'd definitely like to take a closer look into this for you.

I'll reply to your PM with a link to some colleagues who can help further. To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

michaelrowland
Regular

Hi @Sprinter211 
I'm having the same problem. Was @JonathanB able to help you out?
This only started happening to me towards the end of last month round the launch of the new web site\app.
Contacted Chat Support and he added 10GBP credit to my account but as Ireland is Exempt there should be no charges. He also set up spend limit to zero but that doens't kick in till next billing cycle, so won't know till then if that works for me, but based on your message I don't think it will.

Michael.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @John64@michaelrowland,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been receiving these charges for roaming. As you've mentioned we exempt ROI from these charges but we're looking into reports of this from a few customers. I'll keep an eye out for any updates, and we should be able to take care of any incorrect charges.

Thanks,
Jonathan

michaelrowland
Regular

@JonathanB spoke to the local Three Shop and they explained it had been a tencnical issue and now resolved, got a txt today saysing all charges woudl be refunded.

Thanks 
Michael.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @michaelrowland,

Thanks for confirming that you got this message. I've had a check with our Service Desk and they've confirmed that there was a temporary issue where usage in Ireland had incorrectly triggered the charges for some customers.

We've proactively identified everyone that was affected and made the necessary corrections, but if anything doesn't look right on your next bill, please let me know.

Thank you to everyone on the community who helped us raise this issue for investigation. 

Thanks,
Jonathan