cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping current sim and phone on a new contract

wonderer99
Fledgling

Guys I cant seem to see an answer anywhere for this.

Basically I have an older phone im happy with that uses a micro sim. My contract has run out so I can upgrade but newer phones I can choose from use nano sims. So my question is if I choose a new handset and plan does the new plan transfer to my current sim in my current phone so I can continue using that? I may keep the new phone as a spare, gift it or sell it, im undecided. 

The issue I fear is that the new plan will transfer to the nano sim and I will be forced to use the new phone as my older one only takes micro sim. I read that if the new phone has a different sim a new sim card needs to be used. But what if I want the upgrade but continue using my old sim and phone?  Hope that makes sense. 

Any advice would be apreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Geluk
Key player

As you'd have found if you googled, all SIM's provided are capable of easy modification to one of the 3 sizes.

Nick_London
Active

OK, so if your contract has ended and you want to keep the same phone, why take out another phone contract if you don't really want it? 

Switch to a sim only deal which is so much cheaper,you may not even have to change the sim.