cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New so need advice please

HAPPY
Regular

Hi everyone,

I have just joined Three Pay As You Go and would like to know what the Pay As you Go service is like?

At the moment I have a temp Three number, as I am testing it out and so far so good. 🙂

Is Three Pay As You Go reliable enough to rely on for my main number?

How long would it take to transfer my number over to Three from my current provider?

I rely heavily on my mobile, so I am just a bit concerned about moving to Three at the momet.

Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 🙂😀

Kind Regards

HAPPY

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HAPPY,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I hope your tests with this temporary number are going well.

If you'd like to bring your existing number over, then your old provider should be able to issue a PAC code to authorise the transfer any time within 30 days of receiving the code. After you've got the PAC you can arrange your switch through My3 or our PAYG app. There's some more info about PAYG switching here.

In terms of the timeframes, if you arrange your port in before 6PM, then the switch will happen the next working day. Ports requested on weekends happen on the following Tuesday. If you've a preferred date, you can also schedule the switch to happen on any Monday-Friday date before your PAC expires (excluding bank holidays).

Porting timeframes may also be altered for bank and public holidays, we'll confirm this at the time of the porting request if it applies.

Most ports complete between 9AM-5PM however you should allow up to midnight for the transfer to complete. Usually you can use the SIM from your old provider right up till the port completes, so you may find it helpful to keep the old SIM inserted, and when you see this is no longer connecting or picking up signal, then switch to the new Three SIM. 

Hope this helps and all makes sense. 🙂

JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

HAPPY
Regular

Hi @JonathanB,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. 😀

Please could I send you a PM?

The Tests are going well thank you.

Hope to hear from you soon, take care.

Kind Regards

HAPPY😀

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HAPPY,

Of course, if there's something you'd prefer to discuss over PM then feel free to get in touch that way and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 🙂

JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

HAPPY
Regular

Hi @JonathanB ,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. 😀

I have sent you a PM and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a good weekend.

Kind Regards

HAPPY 😀