cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac code not fully worked

Pb_tb
Fledgling

Hi

Today my number from ee transferred over to my new 3 phone. I can send and receive calls but I can't send or receive text messages. Strangely the messages come through on my old phone, which I can't understand, as there is no network with ee anymore.

Hoping someone can help.

4 REPLIES 4
isomeruk
Regular

I had this happen to me when moving from iPhone to Android. Because my Apple account was still registered on the iPhone, anyone sending a message from an iOS device had the message sent via iMessage which came through on the old phone as a blue chat bubble instead of green. Android introduced a similar feature recently called RCS, so swapping from Android to iPhone or Android to Android may have a similar effect.

Switching off your old device should solve it short term. De-registering your AppleID or Google account from the old device should fix it long term.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Pb_tb, welcome to Three! Sorry your texts have gotten a bit lost on the way over, that's not ideal 😬

As @isomeruk has mentioned, iMessage / RCS can sometimes cause a bit of text confusion. These steps should help to fix it if you're using an iPhone:

First of all, check that your number is showing correctly by tapping Settings > Phone > My number. If the number showing here is incorrect and you have the option to edit it, type in the right one.

Next, turn iMessage and FaceTime off, then restart your device and turn them back on:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

If you're using an Android phone instead, pop into the settings menu of your messaging app. You should be able to turn 'chat features' off and back on again in there, which should help update things.

Let us know if this helps, we're keen to get your texts back where they should be!

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Herne
Fledgling

I am having similar issue, although I receive texts on my old number,  when I reply it comes from the new one. It seems like the PAC switch has only partially worked. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Herne,

Have you tried the steps mentioned by Steph? Is this for an iPhone or Android phone?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.