cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment taken twice...

stratoc
Regular

Hi, on holiday, so I paid my bill as soon as I got it. It changed to paid. Two weeks later Three also took my direct debit (of course they did) so instead of getting a direct debit settled early I paid twice.

I started a chat and the guy said he could see it but I had to chat back in 48 hours...

I don't really want to go through that experience again, will the money come back to me?

I have a Sim only 12 month contract.

I shouldn't be chasing my own money when the payments are three weeks apart, they hardly crossed over eachother.

Will it be credited next month without me needing to chat?

Thanks

Best solution
Best solution
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @stratoc,

Hope you're well. If you've paid your bill in advance, and then the Direct Debit has also came out not to worry. The extra bill will be as credit on your account and will go towards your next bill automatically. 

Just to be sure, it is worth chatting back to them to make sure this has happened. However, from past experience it will do it automatically.

Thanks,

LeeT

Employee - Retail

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Best solution
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @stratoc,

Hope you're well. If you've paid your bill in advance, and then the Direct Debit has also came out not to worry. The extra bill will be as credit on your account and will go towards your next bill automatically. 

Just to be sure, it is worth chatting back to them to make sure this has happened. However, from past experience it will do it automatically.

Thanks,

LeeT

Employee - Retail

stratoc
Regular

Thanks for your help.

Venkateshwaran
Fledgling

Hi same problem for me. Yesterday i paid my bill through my card manually and today i got direct debit of 18 pounds which is my bill amount. Should i need to convey this to any one or should i stay until my next bill arrives? Thank you 

LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @Venkateshwaran,

Hope you're well! Yeah same thing, no need to get in touch with anyone at Three, the amount you paid will go on your account as credit; going towards your next bill amount automatically.

Thanks,

LeeT
Employee - Retail

Tamtam
Fledgling

The same thing has happened to me, but I want my money back, I need it for other expenses

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Stratoc,

I'm sorry that you've ended up paying twice. Great answer from @LeeT, any overpayment will automatically apply to the next bill generated, so I'd just check next month's bill when it's ready if you don't need the refund.

Just to explain what happened in a bit more detail. The Direct Debit is scheduled as soon as the bill produces, so it's always best to just put the funds aside rather than pay early if possible. With the chat you mentioned, this is also correct, the team can refund the overpayment, but the Direct Debit payment takes 2 days to clear on our end, so that's why they asked you to wait and chat again.

Hope this all makes sense.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

stratoc
Regular

Thanks again guys.  👍