cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Charges

Thepoetsyd
Fledgling

I went abroad recently but switched my phone to wifi as I had another phone acting as a hotspot while I was there. Came back to a bill for roaming. Asked 3 via Chat and they claim I was using 0.0009mb and 0.0026mb usage on 2 of these days which of course gave them the means to charge me £8 in daily rates. Notwithstanding the fact my phone was off roaming so I disputed the charges, but how can you only incur 0.0009mb usage ffs? Just switching on with all those location services kicking in uses more than that. Got scripted responses from CS as usual and wasted breath! So gave up and now leaving 3. But anyone else had similar billing experiences?

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi. 

That's unfortunate, it sounds like the phone must have connected for two extremely short bursts during the time when you were abroad.

I'm not sure if it can be looked into any further than it has been, but if you'd like to log a complaint about the matter and let the team know what you would like from them in order to resolve the matter. Hopefully they will be able to accommodate that and get it resolved for you. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

KevinL
Active

Had exactly the same issue while in Malaysia for 10 days, whereby I got charged for Roaming for 3 random days when I know my roaming was switched off as I was using a Truphone eSIM for the whole period. Got hold of Customer services who said it was my fault which is a lie as I have found quite a few others on this forum who experienced the same 0.009mb of data being used which is obviously a Three network / Billing system issue but they refuse to acknowledge that and make us customers pay. I have raised a complaint to see if they will reimburse me, but either way I will be leaving soon as my contract period has already ended.