Did you mean: 

Switching payg to pay monthly

Prachi
Fledgling

How do I switch my PAYG to a contract using the same sim or number 

5 REPLIES 5
Paddiewack
Superstar

As far as I’m aware (PLEASE CONFIRM WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE) you need to get a PAC code for your payg number and port it out to another network,and at the same time pass a credit check with Three thereby getting a pay monthly number. Then you need to get a fresh PAC code from whichever network you ported your payg number out to and port it back into Three thereby replacing your (temporary) pay monthly number. You now have a contract with Three and your existing number. I’ve got to emphasise that this was the way it was done at the end of last year and things may have changed for the better. The golden rule is chat with customer service and check.

MZone
Key player

Pretty sure @Paddiewack is correct. You used to be able to do it by contacting customer services but since they updated their systems they are unable to do it unless it’s changed since the end of last year. Best bet is to get a PAC and transfer you number to another network. I believe ASDA PAYG is free and you don’t have to top up to do the switching.  

Paddiewack
Superstar

It’s ridiculous isn’t it mate. There has to be an easier way. 

MZone
Key player

For sure. I remember the days when it used to take 30 days to port your number form one network to another!

Paddiewack
Superstar

Yes I well remember that!