cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Migration

Zoe1978
Fledgling

Was wondering if anybody else in the 3 community is feeling as disgruntled as i am?

I had a contract with Hutchison 3G that expired on 9 may 2004 (yes 2004). I have not used this account and forgotten about it over nearly 2 decades then to my amazement i am declined a mortgage because i was in arrears with 3!! It seems a system migration has taken place that has reactivated a number of old 'dormant' accounts and started billing me from July this year. I was notified of this so was blissfully unaware until my mortgage broker tells me the funds will not be released just 2 weeks before completion!!

To compound issues 3 customer services seem powerless to admit this is all a 3 error and i am utterly blameless. My credit score has taken a hit, i have lost a mortgage and i am facing penalty charges as contracts had been signed.

Could anybody on this forum offer any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

As you are buying a property I assume that you have a solicitor. Yes, then set them on 3.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zoe1978,

I'm not aware of any cancelled accounts being reactivated by the migration, but we'd definitely like to look into the situation further and make sure that this is corrected if there has been any incorrect impact to your credit file. We won't be able to resolve this on the community, but I've sent you a PM to help get you in touch with an escalated support team.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here