cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Mobile Network promotion team?

Stouline
Regular

I have recently received calls for a very attractive promotion from this number 02** *** **** ( claiming to be the promotion team) and would like to check if it is a scam or genuine number please?

Offer is for a new phone and renewal of my contract for 2 years.

Moderator note, number removed for customer protection. Three don't use 02 landline codes to call our customers

16 REPLIES 16
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @homasabett,

I'm really sorry to hear this, did customer services manage to get the issue raised with our fraud team for investigation?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

leutnerp
Fledgling

I've receive this "Christmas Promotion" From a Phone call and subsequent email.

We Have a Great Deal For You,

We are running a Christmas promotion of the latest mobile phones. With low line rents. This offer is only available to the Promotional Department of Three Mobile

Product:

Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max (256GB)

Network:

Three Network

Line Rent:

£18.00 per month

Tariff Plan:

Every Month Unlimited Calls, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Internet Data, 500 International Calling Minutes, Insurance Covered, Nano Sim, 5G Boosted Sim .

Duration of Contract:

24 Months

We simply update your previous contract if you are already under contract. As an example, we will pay all of your remaining bills on your behalf, and you will only be responsible for your new contract; you will not be responsible for any of your previous contracts. When your Parcel arrives at your doorstep, it contains all of the details you need in written form.

Security Deposit:

There is a one-time Security fee that lies between £30.00 which is fully refundable. After you receive the Parcel, the payment will be refunded to your bank account within 48 hours.

Network Details:

FYI, we have authorization from all of the major networks.

If you want to keep your same number and network, we will provide you with the same number and network, and if you want to change your number and network, we will simply change your number and network and pay all of your previous remaining bills on your behalf.

More Information About "Phone Contract":

When you receive your package at your door, you will also receive two written documents: one is a welcome letter from the Three Mobile, and the second is a termination letter that explicitly states that we will cover all remaining bills and you will only be responsible for your new contract. Following that, you have a 15-day trial period before receiving your first monthly bill.

Have Any Questions?

Can we help you with anything else? If you need any help or support with your products or services, Contact us at:

Direct Line: +44 02********* Moderator note - Phone number removed, not a genuine Three contact number

Kind regards,

Three Mobile Sales & Promotion Department

Green Park. 450 Longwater Avenue. Reading. RG2 6GF

HELP & SUPPORT
Choose from a range of accessories for your new phone

sc1999
Local celebrity

As you are not requesting advice as to the veracity of this deal, I can only assume that you are trying to flog phones here. Please GO AWAY.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @leutnerp,

Yeah this is not genuine for a number of reasons. I'm not going to provide prospective fraudsters with a step by step on how to write better scam emails though. Here's info on fraud and scams to watch out for.

We don't trade as Three Mobile, we're Three UK, or Hutchison 3G UK Ltd. Sometimes 3rd party dealers will use misleading language to give the impression they're directly from your provider without outright lying about who they are, but this "Three Mobile" has given our actual head office address, so this looks like it's a full blown fraud.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Yasir
Fledgling

Hi I received a call from a mobile number regarding a promotion and an email. The email address is promotions@3gmobiles.info is this from 3 or is it fraud?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Yasir,

That's not from Three. Our emails will be from three.co.uk or a subdomain such as contact.three.co.uk.

We don't actually trade as 3G, our company is Hutchison 3G UK Ltd, but we trade as "Three" or "Three UK" so you wouldn't see us refer to ourselves as 3G mobile or any variation on that.

Thanks,
Jonathan

RIT31
Fledgling

Hello guys! In recent weeks quite a few people around me and I have been bombarded with calls from “3 promotions team”. Scammers are starting to be really annoying!

Gladly non of my friends fell for the scams but they’ve been harassed seriously.

I asked one of those fake agents to stop calling with their offers or there will be consequences but he started threatening me on the phone.

Numbers they call from : 0**********; 0**********; 0**********; 0**********

Stay safe!