cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Ownership and new phone doesn't work

vadersmissus
Fledgling

I recently upgraded 3 mobiles that I currently pay for (for myself and my 2 children). The cost is not insignificant and I have been a customer of 3 for over 20 years. My daughter has recently graduated and we want to transfer ownership and responsibility for bills to her. We were given a transfer code and told she should ring 0333 3381039 to do this. This number cuts off every time she calls so she hasn't been able to do it. When she received her new phone, the SIM from her old phone does not work so she rang 3 giving all the correct account details and was told to go to a store to sort it. She did this and was told they couldn't even talk to her about it because the phone was still in my name. As we cannot transfer ownership, I had to travel to Manchester from the Midlands to go to the store myself. My phone and my son's are in my married name but hers (for some unknown reason) is still in my maiden name. I took my ID and supporting docs to show my previous surname which matched the account but was told that was not good enough and that I needed to send the same docs by email to 3 to get the account name changed (same docs are good enough for that???). I emailed the address and it was undeliverable. I definitely used address I was given as the staff member in store actually wrote it down for me. So now we have a phone that I am paying a lot more for that doesn't work and I cannot get anyone to help us to fix it because none of the methods for resolving the account name or transfer of ownership that we have been given actually work. 

1 REPLY 1
vadersmissus
Fledgling

Update - I want to add a spend cap so my daughter can at least use her SIM in her old phone on holiday and I had to re-register my details to get into the App and the display is completely different and doesn't allow me to do anything in App now. What am I paying for?????