cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 won't help me return my router

Makeitstop
Regular

I signed up for the 4G home broadband on March 1st, the HUB & sim were delivered the next day & I immediately decided to cancel. It just wasn't right for me & not really fast enough for a 24 month contract. So I went on the live chat & rang & I kept getting cut off after 29 minutes, I now realise I was being cut off because of a fault between Xperia and Vodafone so not 3's fault. Anyway I finally got through & managed to cancel on Friday March 3rd. I chose to wait for a jiffy bag to return the router. 2 weeks later, 17/03/23, it still hadn't arrived so I called again. They said I would be emailed a DPD label in 16 working hours, by Tuesday because of the weekend, that never arrived. Thursday 23/03/23 I called again & they said they would send me another label the next business day. Well I still don't have it.

I don't know what to do now, I've already wasted over 5 hours on the phone & have gotten nowhere. I have one week before my 30 days are up & still have no way of returning it. I can't even send it myself since I have no address to send it to. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Anyone know what happens if you don't return within 30 days?  

Best solution
Best solution
Makeitstop
Regular

Update: a month ago I used the Social Media Team chat and spoke to someone who was genuinely helpful for once. I submitted a complaint through them and they canceled my account without having to return the router. A few days ago I finally got confirmation that the contract is canceled & number is disconnected. Hope this helps.

View solution in conversation

20 REPLIES 20
sc1999
Local celebrity

Some live chats allow you to print out the conversation; does 3's? If it does have another conversation and print out the conversation so you should be covered if 3 says you had to return the router in 30 days.

Gary501
Regular

That doesn’t work because 3 never replied to me. 6 phone calls and 2 letters later still nothing. 
3 your service is rubbish. 

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

There's an address on the cancellation form on this page. Quote any returns order number if you have one.

https://www.three.co.uk/terms-conditions/returns-and-exchange-policy?intid=contactus-link

IQue
Regular

I would suggest to contact 3 and ask them to resend you a pre-paid label so you can return the item. If you are worried about if they have canceled your contract you can alway check to see if your SIM is still active. If it active, it's not been suspended.

Also not sure if you still access your 3 account via the app or on the site, but it should be listed if a label was sent under recent activities section.

When I cancelled my 24 month contract ...there was a light threat, that if I failed to return any equipment "as new" I would be changed. 

I choosen to send it back via Royal Mail (so they could collect it from my house). The 3 support advisor sent a label through no issues and the address on the label goes to Ingram Micro (P), Norwich ...I assume it's a 3rd party dealing with the returns?? anyway the label also states the cust ref and a department ref so it might be best not to send it back yourself.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Makeitstop,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been facing all these delays with your return. We'll make sure we get this sorted out for you. I wouldn't recommend sending this off yourself, as the returns references we issue help the logistics team pass the info about your specific account back so it is cancelled properly. Moreover, we cover returns postage, so we wouldn't want you to go out of pocket paying for delivery when this isn't necessary.

In terms of running over the 30 days, that shouldn't cause an issue, as long as we've had the request in the 30 days, and we're aware of the delays then it should be fine. You may receive a letter about non-return charges, but we allow extra time before these are applied. I don't expect these will be charged immediately, and particularly if we let the relevant team know that there's been a delay due to a postal issue, or some sort of admin error.

I'll send a private message to direct you to some colleagues that can make sure the situation is properly logged, and look into why you still haven't received the return info.

To find your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

grabo1530
Active

I had hell of a game with the minions on chat ,they waste your time then pass you to some other department who then waste more of your time before passing you to anther department .This is despite firmly asking for the complaints department who eventually delt with the return and cancellation of the contract. Even quoting reference numbers doesn't do any good until it gets to customer complains.

I would go straight to customer complaints to try a resolve because unfortunately the other departments seem to be there to drag it out so you give up !

LetMeCancel
Fledgling

I have the exact same issue here and I've even used the social media web chat to try to get them to cancel the contract without having to return the router but they refused to help! I already have a complaint open with them and they just said there's nothing more they can do at the moment, I've been waiting 2 months for a returns bag, how much longer do I have to wait!? I just want to cancel the contract!!

Nishantrpi79
Fledgling

I had cancelled my home broadband within the 30 days return period and had asked for a return label to return the home broadband device countless times over calls & chats. The complaints were registered and I was assured that I will receive a dpd return label over the email multiple times which I never did. I had also visited three store to return the device but they wouldn't accept it as the cancellation was online and had to be returned by post using the return label that was never provided. Now I have received an email from three saying that the cancellation has been revoked and the plan will continue as it has been 30 days since cancellation and the device is still with me. Please resolve this matter in the next 7 working days with a written communication saying that the return has not been cancelled as none of this is my fault.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, apart from the moderators we are 3 customers who try to help. Your best bet is to read this thread and click on a certain link near the top, I have been asked not to share this link. Alternatively track down the link to a moderator and ask for them to put you in touch with someone who can help.