cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 won't help me return my router

Makeitstop
Regular

I signed up for the 4G home broadband on March 1st, the HUB & sim were delivered the next day & I immediately decided to cancel. It just wasn't right for me & not really fast enough for a 24 month contract. So I went on the live chat & rang & I kept getting cut off after 29 minutes, I now realise I was being cut off because of a fault between Xperia and Vodafone so not 3's fault. Anyway I finally got through & managed to cancel on Friday March 3rd. I chose to wait for a jiffy bag to return the router. 2 weeks later, 17/03/23, it still hadn't arrived so I called again. They said I would be emailed a DPD label in 16 working hours, by Tuesday because of the weekend, that never arrived. Thursday 23/03/23 I called again & they said they would send me another label the next business day. Well I still don't have it.

I don't know what to do now, I've already wasted over 5 hours on the phone & have gotten nowhere. I have one week before my 30 days are up & still have no way of returning it. I can't even send it myself since I have no address to send it to. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Anyone know what happens if you don't return within 30 days?  

Best solution
Best solution
Makeitstop
Regular

Update: a month ago I used the Social Media Team chat and spoke to someone who was genuinely helpful for once. I submitted a complaint through them and they canceled my account without having to return the router. A few days ago I finally got confirmation that the contract is canceled & number is disconnected. Hope this helps.

View solution in conversation

20 REPLIES 20
Makeitstop
Regular

I called again on Monday explaining everything, the guy basically ignored me a gave me another case number. I said thanks I'll add it to the pile. I explained again & he said just wait for a new mailer bag. I asked for a complaints department & they said they don't have one. On Monday, when the bag inevitably hasn't turned up I'll try this social media chat. He also said I won't be charged at all. I said so if it doesn't turn up again I can just leave it then if you won't charge me? He said no & to call them again. At this point I'm surprised I received the router in the first place.

Best solution
Makeitstop
Regular

Update: a month ago I used the Social Media Team chat and spoke to someone who was genuinely helpful for once. I submitted a complaint through them and they canceled my account without having to return the router. A few days ago I finally got confirmation that the contract is canceled & number is disconnected. Hope this helps.

JTechGuy
Fledgling

Hello, my partner got a Three Broadband back in February and the first month the internet connection was perfect, high speeds and no connection issues, when the 30 day return period had ended it all went down hill, she was dealing with constant connection issues, ringing Three multiple times and just getting responses back saying we have technical issues, this lasted 3 weeks. she decided to cancel her account, which three has done, but then they decided to only suspend her account leaving it still active? she received an message from the baliff company saying you need to return the device, but she has tried sending it back, but you get this huge bag which is 4 times as big as the broadband itself, and when you wrap the box, it covered the pre paid label, so its impossible to send it cause the royal mail will not accept it. she has asked multiple times to just send the pre paid label by itself, and she keeps getting the label stuck on the bag, why dont three listen? we are trying to send it back and they are being very rude, and I myself is shocked and dissappointed as i've been with three 17 years and i've never been treated like this.. three you should be ashamed of yourself!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JTechGuy,

I'm really  sorry to hear that the return hasn't been straightforward for you. The team should be able to order a bag for a royal mail return, or email a DPD returns label. Has this been resolved for you yet?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Sarafr86
Fledgling

This is happening to me right now and it is so frustrating! I feel like they're just lying to me so they don't have to cancel my account. They have just told me the jiffy bag will arrive today 🤣 I just can't believe it. They wouldn't provide me with a returns address at all even though I offered to return it to them and pay for the recorded return myself. Their systems are shocking. All customer service advisors read out or write the exact same script on the matter. Its so frustrating. I will be calling them back this evening when the jiffy bag hasn't arrived! I will see if I can get through on that link you have provided above. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sarafr86,

Did you receive the jiffy bag for the return yet? If you still need any help getting this sorted out please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Plumy2k
Fledgling

Hi.

I'm not sure if this is some kind of scam or just inability on 3's behalf but the same is currently happening to me. I have been waiting 12 days now for a return label/bag (as I have requested both DPD and royal mail) without success. 

I have been on the 3 chat for around 8 precious hours in total and made numerous complaints to 3. 

Yesterday they decided it would be nice to send me this:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about returning your device under our returns policy.

It's been 14 days and we still haven't received your device. If we don't receive it soon, we'll close your returns request and any agreements related to this device will continue.

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

Thanks,

The Three Team.

I complained.... Without response.

Thanks 3, Ian 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Plumy2k,

I'm really sorry that you've spent so much time on trying to get this return sorted, I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with an escalated support team that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

A1
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB ,

I have exactly same problem, chased the customer service on number of occasions about return label, complained through the complaint form and no response.

Could you please help to resolve. 

fedup200
Fledgling

My 5g home broadband contract has ended. The returns bag for my router was sent to the wrong address. I leave the country in seven days. So what do I do now Three?