cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Hub won't detect simcard

Wolfj
Fledgling

Just got a 5G Hub today as I'm currently living in a HMO which has horrible Wi-Fi and I thought this might be a solution but the bl**dy thing won't even detect the sim card. Yes, I've put it in both ways but nothing works.

I'm extremely angry cause I phone up support to get told the lines are closed which is just disgusting as every company should have 24/7 support for this kind of thing.

I need some kind of a fix asap as I can't do anything right now and I will be cancelling if this isn't fixed asap.

2 REPLIES 2
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Which 5G router do you have?

Have you tried the router SIM in a phone?

The SIM should only go in one way. There should be little resistance when inserted fully in.

When SIM is inserted into the router. Access the web-configurator (192.168.1.1 for Zyxel router) and look at Cellular Info > SIM Status. The SIM Card Status and IMSI should be displayed. The status will be either, Available or None.

Limera
Active

Might not be your issue at all but I tried to set mine up the very day the kit was sent me in the post.  Silly me spent an hour or more trying everything I could to get it working and when I eventually gave up and called support they said my SIM wasn't activated just yet.  It would have activated later that day but they did me a favour and gave it a nudge to activate it within the hour.

Hope you do get it working.