cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given bill 1 year after cancellation

Ellisjd32
Fledgling

Hi, 

I had a year contract with Three for the 4g Mifi device, I paid for the full year and called up and cancelled once the initial year contract was complete (September 2023) and destroyed the device as I no longer needed it. Thinking that it was cancelled I moved house and obviously did not update my address as I did not have any active contracts with Three. 

6 months later (March 2024) I received an email to say that I had an overdue balance with Three, Knowing I did not have any active contracts with Three I ignored the email as I believed it to be a scam or fishing email. Did not think anything of it from there. 

Fast forward to the 1st of July 2024, and I receive a call from Three, I thought it was a marketing call so explained I did not have any active contracts with them and did not need anything as I had a new WiFi provider at my new house. The colleague would not give me the message until I went through verification so I went through verification to be told I owe 300 pounds for a contract that I had cancelled nearly a year prior. 

After discussing with said colleague for nearly half an hour (my lunch break at work), I explained that I needed to go back to work so he said he would call me back when I finished at 4:30. I did not receive any call back. I waited a few days to see if he would call back but never did so I used live chat to contact Three to see if I could get a resolution that way, I was advised I needed to call the complaints team but the person on live chat stated they would cancel the contract for me to ensure there was no additional charges.

I called the customer service team and was put through to the complaints department (Still July). I spoke with a lady on the phone for nearly an hour for her to offer me £100 pound off the bill and essentially laugh at me and hang up on me when I said I was not happy with that outcome. I called back and spoke to another colleague who was more understanding of the situation, he looked into it further and told me that the contract was still active (even though I was told by the person on live chat that they would cancel it), I explained to him the situation and he said they had no records of me cancelling. I explained that after I cancelled I had no contact from them for 6 months. He looked at the usage of the device and agreed that since the period I said I called and cancelled there was no usage whatsoever of the device. He said he would raise a complaint and a final bill would be generated for the 6th of August taking into account the usage of the device. I waited until the 6th of August and received a letter (around the 10th of August) with my final bill (£202 with £100 taken off). I did not action this as I was told I would be contacted regarding the outcome of my complaint, after not hearing anything for a couple of weeks I logged onto the Three portal to see that my complaint had been ‘resolved’.

I then received a call from another one of your colleagues on the 30th of August to say I had an overdue bill of £202 with the £100 pound taken off for the device plan. I explained to him that this was not the case as I had already paid off the device plan as part of the initial year contract so that information was wrong.

I explained to him that I was going on holiday for 2 weeks and can he add a note to my account that I would contact on my return to re raise a complaint as this situation is getting completely out of control and is clear that Three employees are incompetent.

Whilst on holiday I received numerous texts/emails and calls from a debt collector for this £202 and have noticed significant damage to my credit rating as a consequence of this.

I am disgusted by this situation and quite frankly find it bizarre that a company can be so incompetent. I need this to be resolved asap but everytime I call up I am told something completely different from your employees.

SORT IT OUT THREE YOUR COMPANY IS A JOKE

P.s I asked for records of the live chat as proof that I had requested the contract to be cancelled and yet again you failed to do so to be told I would not be able to get these records (very suspicious)

3 REPLIES 3
Geluk
Key player

When posting always keep posts succinct; this is a users forum; we're not inclined to read a chapter of WAR + PEACE😂

Ellisjd32
Fledgling

Apologies, starting to get really frustrated with this company🙃

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Ellisjd32,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience cancelling your contract with us.

I'm keen to get you in touch with a team that can investigate this further and help resolve the complaint. I'll pop you over a PM with instructions on how to reach out to us.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.