Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a replacement done for a ZTE home router

cec114hk
Fledgling

I have a ZTE home boardband and one day it’s not working. I chatted with customer service and they suggested me to take to three store to check it and I did, the store confirmed that the router itself has problem. However they cannot get me a replacement and ask me to contact online again. Today I contacted online again they referred me to contact the store again. Anyone has such an issue? It seems the store are not interested in existing customer but just new customer and they want me to change to a new two years contract. Anyone have any suggestion? 

2 REPLIES 2
oldman1900
Regular

I renewed my contract with three in January 2024 on the promise of a new upgraded 5G modem (N5103E) and half price for first 12 months. The modem arrived quickly but was deemed to be faulty. Luckily I still had my original 5G modem ZTE. Three had already said I could keep it as a spare or buy another SIM card for it and run two modems (!?) I reverted to that whilst a replacement NR5103E was organised. A week later DPD arrived to take the faulty modem away and deliver a new replacement. Unfortunately the new boxed replacement was a THREE 4G HUB MF286D WHITE. DPD insisted on taking the faulty one but left the wrong one as they had no instructions other than to deliver it. So I spent one and a half hours on the phone to three and they ordered a new 5G NR5103E but said there were none in stock so there would be a delay of two weeks but the wrong modem would be taken away when the new one was delivered. Every three weeks I spoke to three asking where the new modem was. It always took over an hour for them to work out the issue and apparently deal with it. Each time I asked for and received a goodwill gesture of £10 for the poor customer service. Latest news is that I am still awaiting the delivery of my new contract upgraded modem. My original ZTE modem remains stable and today after several months of a speed of about 120 Mbps I am getting 600 Mbps. Maybe I never needed an upgraded modem and the low speed was another issue. Anyway I did renew my contract on the basis of reduced charges and a brand new improved 5G modem so I am entitled to one. Last contact with three was 2 weeks ago and they stated all was in hand and would processed. So I do live in hope that one day I may receive the promised modem and if I don't I will be asking for some more goodwill gestures as a long standing three mobile and home broadband customer.

cec114hk
Fledgling

Thanks for your feedback. I finally got a reply to send me a replacement within 5-7 days after two times of over one hour chat online. I am hoping they will delivery as promised.